The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Power Pickpocket (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1080 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
I just got this thing and it's great. Aside from what's in the instructions have you guys come up with any gags for this thing?
trickychris
View Profile
Loyal user
England
257 Posts

Profile of trickychris
What is it?
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1080 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
It's a nifty little gimmick which gives the illusion that you can pick your spectator's pocket.
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Is there more of a description that we can find, I like te sound of it but I have never heard of it!
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1080 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Quote:
With Tom Burgoon's power pickpocket Gimmick, you will create the illusion of stealing a spectator's wallet, examining and/or removing the contents, and then returning the wallet to its original pocket without the spectator ever knowing! And it requires almost NO SKILL whatsoever because the wallet does almost everything for you just by its unique design! Read on, true believers!

You are supplied with one very special foam wallet from Tom Burgoon and Magic by Gosh! This wallet has been made of super soft foam and can be manipulated like any sponge ball or sponge production item. The inside of the wallet has been made to look real showing the tips of numerous credit cards. IT LOOKS LIKE A REAL WALLET FROM STAGE! You also receive all of Tom Burgoon's original gags and full routine that he uses in each of his comedy magic shows!

That's straight from Hocus-Pocus.
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2133 Posts

Profile of jlevey
The following routine may prove helpful. My suggestions are more focussed on method however, more than comic by-play.

Still, here goes...

You can have the gimmick (the fake Goshmon sponge wallet) in the "palmed" position, the same way you would palm a regualr sponge ball. Then, when the moment is "right", Flash the gimmick up-high (behind and above your volunteer's head, flashing it out towards the audience and giving them the "sshh" sign by placing your index finger in front of your pursed lips (encouraging the audience to play along with the gag).

Then, when you finally reveal the "stolen" item to your volunteer, act apologetic as you "seemingly" return "his wallet" to his inside coat pocket. Then, under cover of his inside coat, palm the gimmick back and ditch it "south" to get rid of the evidence.

The volunteer should play along with you, especially if you encourge him using good volunteer management skills (ie. through silent signals: winks, nods, friendly touches on the shoulder, etc).

Ant the same time, the audience will be convinced that you actually "stole" and returned the volunteer's personal wallet, without him knowing.

Hope the above routine is helpful to illustrate one way to use this gimmick.

Perhaps what I wrote is pretty obvious, and not really what you are looking for.

If so, my apologies.

I bought one of these Power wallet Gimmicks a few months back and at first it was fun to play with. But I soon gave it away, since I much prefer to really pick the volunteer's pockets, and steal his wallet for real.

This being said, if I was the type of entertainer that did not feel compfortable picking pockets, I would simply incorporate a real wallet of my own (smallest size possible), keeping it palmed until the moment of the reveal, then flashing it, returnnig it apologetically to the volunteer's inside coat pocket using "put-pocketing" and thereby stealing it away again and ditching it south.

Another words, I really don't see an advantage to using this Power wallet gimmick over a real duplicate wallet... unless the enterainer has very small handss and cannot palm a real wallet. Then a sponge wallet that compresses might be useful.

Again, hope this helps.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1080 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Jonathan,
Thanks for the reply,I'll be sure to keep all that in mind; in regards to using a real wallet I just wouldn't feel comfortable palming one this is much easier.
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2133 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Mac (and others visiting this post),

They make soft leather and vinyl ones that are real easy to fold in half and therefore easy to palm.

You might want to check the wallets offered by local shoemakers. A good shoemaker could even recut and re-sew a "normal" size wallet,just to make it easier for you to palm.

My hands are quite larger, so palming is simplfied.

Good luck!

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Power Pickpocket (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL