The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Any sites with tricks explained? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
sunnydolan
View Profile
Veteran user
Opelika, Alabama
342 Posts

Profile of sunnydolan
No. He wants exposure sites that tell him, for free, tricks he would normally have to buy. Sure a few tricks are explained in secret sessions, but 99% of those are posted by the creator, and theres nothing wrong with that.
An amatuer practices untill he gets it right, a professinal practices untill he can't get it wrong.

Don't wait for oppurtunity to knock, throw open the door, grab it by the throat and drag it inside kicking and screaming.

Magically yours
djrdjr
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, TX
226 Posts

Profile of djrdjr
Quote:
There is no easy or real cheap way to learn magic.

I respectfully disagree (at least with the cheap part). Most communities still have libraries and many of them still have books on magic (if they don't, they can likely get them through inter-library loan).

I believe one of the best ways to foster a life-long love of magic is to read these books, practice like crazy and build (usually with household materials) the simple effects they explain. This will give you a great foundation in basic principles, sleights and gaffs and, if magic is right for you, lead you to the next steps of creating your own effects and making purchases.
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
460 Posts

Profile of Hushai
Quote:
On 2006-06-06 10:39, sunnydolan wrote:
No. He wants exposure sites that tell him, for free, tricks he would normally have to buy.

How did you know that, just from shredhead's original post? That's not how I read it at all -- though he hasn't objected that you misread him, so it looks like maybe you read him right and I didn't.
Rinse
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Rinse
Actually I think shredhead was looking for a place where he can exchange secrets w/ others. Not a beginners kind of thing, but also not a place where he get leech secrets. So in that sense his question wasn't all that awful.. Although it sounds like he's looking for The Magic Café. Smile
MagiCanada
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver
140 Posts

Profile of MagiCanada
Shredhead. I'd suggest a book called "Wilson's Complete Course in Magic"

You can use it for YEARS!!!!! If you're looking for a great dollar value, this is the book for you! You will have no need to find any unethical web sites to get free stuff. I've been doing magic for 19 years and there are STILL things in this book that I can learn from. "Free" stuff on the internet is not only unethical, but you'll find it substand too. Who wants to be substandard? Not me, and not you either I'm sure.

I don't think anybody could disagree with me.
rmoraleta
View Profile
Special user
Philippines
767 Posts

Profile of rmoraleta
I agree with you MagiCanada!

With regards with sites teaching Magic, there are plenty!

I did want to promote Magic awareness, but not to this degrading extent. I am very much offended with the file sharing thing, specially of instructional videos and E-books. They are being shared left and right for FREE. And the problem is, the beginners don't get to learn the Ethics of Magic, so the unethical sharing goes on and on, which I think is inevitable.

What do you guys think?
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
I think a lot of us old timers here approach this original post in a thought of "Oh no not another one that just wants to know how it is done" Yes there are many sites out there to learn how some things are done and you have to pay nothing to recieve this information. Now if you are really intrested in truely learning magic,weather you are going to be a pro or not, it needs to be approached with an attitude of learning and not just finding out how they did it. Books,videos,dvd's,cd's and many other formats are there for you to learn from and use. I hope that you will look deep down for your education into this great art form. Many magicians from years gone to the present have spent a lot of their time and money into putting their effects on the market and I for one want to help them so that they will be encouraged to continue creating new and baffling effects. What ever you end up doing do it for the right reasons and not just to see how for free. Just my 2 cents and MOP.

Happy Magic
Steven
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Any sites with tricks explained? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL