We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Parents won't Let me make juggling balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Juggler
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Juggler
Well my new beanbags have arrived , and are working great, so I don't have to worry about making my own anymore.

Thanks for everyone's opinions on this ,

Ben
Neil_Brown
View Profile
Regular user
England
150 Posts

Profile of Neil_Brown
Enjoy Smile
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
If I was you I'd cut open tennis balls and put the bean bags in them.
Steve V
magicguy67
View Profile
Loyal user
mEL.fLORIDA
287 Posts

Profile of magicguy67
Quote:
On 2006-06-18 13:34, Steve V wrote:
If I was you I'd cut open tennis balls and put the bean bags in them.
Steve V

ha
they thought it was impossible until they met me.

theres no reality in magic

did the magician come before the assistant or the other way around.
enchantress
View Profile
New user
The Golden State
12 Posts

Profile of enchantress
For future reference, make them from balloons filled with rice. If you have never heard of such, google it up, there are several places with instructions. Here is one such site: http://www.earthcapades.com/makeballs.html
P.S. It's a lot easier to put the rice in if you wrap it in plastic wrap first. And I use 1/2 cup per ball, 3/4 is a bit too big for most kids.
One Man
View Profile
Elite user
Frederick, MD
491 Posts

Profile of One Man
If you are really into practicing you might want to cover your beanbags with balloons to protect them. You just need some large ballons...cut the nipples off and work the balloon over the ball. Then put on a second balloon in the opposite direct of the first. Helps keep the beanbags looking nice and is great way to colorize your beanbags for a special event. I worked for Anderson Little (i believe) and everything had to be orange.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24280 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
For future reference, you might want to check out the following:
1) Lacrosse balls. These are heavy rubber balls. They are available in colors, too. They used to be the standard for jugglers.
2) Dog toys. Some of the dog toy tennis balls from places like PetSmart are solid rubber. They are nice and heavy.
3) Cressite® dog balls. These are solid rubber and wear like iron. They are quite expensive.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Bill
The lacross balls are inexpensive, redilly availible and they come in many colors. They work well in thick grass, but unlike bean bags they will roll away from you, or even worse they can bounce around the house, and break something valuable. They work OK for bounce juggling, so over all lacross balls are a good prop with some limititations.
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Parents won't Let me make juggling balls (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL