The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Holiday Party... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
I was doing a holiday party this weekend, up by Sonoma, in the wine country. There were 15 or so seniors at the party and about 8 or 10 watching me, for an hour run. I was slaying them all, and getting some of the best responses you could hope for. Even my fumble chop cup had 'em screaming.

Just then one of the grand children of the lady having the party came in to watch. A girl about 18 or so. While ditching the cup and asking if they would like to see an illusion with cards, the girl says in a very loud voice: What are you going to do? A bunch of garbage with trick decks?

I let the stripper slide back in the bag and asked her to step forward. The room was silent and the mood was pretty much shattered by then. I did what I had to do and used her for Kollassal Killer. She was so dumbfounded she just sat down and said nothing. The momentum was back and I finished up the last half hour as well as the first.

Narrow escape, and if I had not heard about it here at the Café, there would be no Killer in my wallet. I usually have a normal deck on me and a half dozen really great tricks with it. This time I only had a stripper set up for aces and an invisible deck, neither that could be inspected.

The lesson here is, you need a little adrenaline now and then to teach you how to be ready. Smile
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
ralphdean
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern Ca
302 Posts

Profile of ralphdean
Great story! I too, learned about Kollassal Killer here. It is wonderfull fun. It is so easy that I spend time playing with how to present it without worrying about how the trick is done.
Shawn D
View Profile
Elite user
Hughson,Ca
439 Posts

Profile of Shawn D
A magic shop did Kollassal Killer to me and blew me away I had to buy it.
Everyone that I have done it for so far asks do you have a whole deck in your wallet.
Do you get the same reation?
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I don't know what I would have done since I don't own Kollosal killer, but that girls uncalled for smart ass remark might have been the straw that broke this camel's back! That was horrible!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
"What are you going to do? A bunch of garbage with trick decks?"
No I am going to entertain you with some magic using a normal deck that you must now examine as you are the greatest sceptic in the room.

Her statment is the usual young persons challenge, "show me something special".
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I'd show her something SPECIAL allright.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Holiday Party... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL