The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Hotrod Handling (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Blumanfry
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Blumanfry
I'm looking for different routines/handling that I can use the Hotrod with. Is there a book or video on paddles or the Hotrod that anyone knows of?

Thanks to all!!
DeadRinger
View Profile
New user
long island
55 Posts

Profile of DeadRinger
I've flipped through a lot of books on the hotrod and paddles in general but have found the best way (for me) to evolve with it is to spend time with a mirror.
*POOF*
RandomEffects
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
323 Posts

Profile of RandomEffects
Skip the hot rod. It's a good trick to learn on, but there are better adaptations out there. The Meteor Paddle by Brian Geer, No 2 Pencil by magic smith (I think) and the Golden Rod by Keith Walker (name may not be right but it was Keith's design, even if others have ripped it off) are all better versions of the basic hotrod trick. In fact, the Keith Walker design is a hot rod you can hand out afterward. But if you are looking for stuff with the basic hot rod, there is a video out there by the same guys who do the 25 tricks with a Svengali/Stripper/spongeballs/etc. series.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10697 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Check out Magic Smith. There is a teaching video on the hot rod.
Hope this helps.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
DeadRinger,
I agree; work with a hot rod in front of a mirror long enough and routines will flow to you.
The best part is that they will be your own and not something culled from other minds!
Smile
Blumanfry
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Blumanfry
Thank's for everyone's help! I've been practicing in front of a mirror more, and it is really helping with the ideas.
Ruben Padilla
View Profile
Loyal user
Narrative Strategist
206 Posts

Profile of Ruben Padilla
This is going to sound confusing, but does anyone know the source of a move with the hot rod that uses one hand? Namely, your index finger rests on top while you grip the end of the rod with your thumb and middle finger. Then, your wrist turns palm up, so that your thumb now lies on top and your middle finger is underneath (the index finger just hangs in mid-air). Essentially, your hand revolves around the rod (which stays motionless). I can do the move very well, but nobody I've shown it to has seen it before. It was shown to me twenty years ago by a wandering magician.
Sneakers
View Profile
Regular user
Melbourne, Australia
106 Posts

Profile of Sneakers
There is a small book I've got somewhere that has 25 tricks/routines with a hot rod. I've also seen a video that offers 25 tricks as well. I'll search a bit and come up with the exact titles for you (too many toys!).

Cheers!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Hotrod Handling (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL