The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Math Smarties! Forcing ANY or ALL numbers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17661 Posts

Profile of Slim King
OK.....
I can use dice to force 7 or any of it's multiples.
I can use the marix of three(Tic tac toe thing...I don't know the real name) for 15, (4)34 and (5)65.
There is also a force I know for 37. ( Not the one you are thinking of...maybe)
Also the 37 and 68 possible force.
There are forces to get digital nines but they are pretty involved.
Also the way to force almost any number that Busch made popular here lately.
I'll search for more.
Have any ideas?
Thanks
Dave
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2265 Posts

Profile of ddyment
You can force any number (positive, negative, integer, fraction, rational, irrational) using a simple Forcing Matrix. Properly presented, it is very deceptive as well.
"Calculated Thoughts" now available at The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More
stanalger
View Profile
Special user
St. Louis, MO
996 Posts

Profile of stanalger
Quote:
On 2006-06-03 10:33, ddyment wrote:
You can force any number (positive, negative, integer, fraction, rational, irrational) using a simple Forcing Matrix. Properly presented, it is very deceptive as well.

Irrational??? I'd like to see a forcing matrix that forces pi DECEPTIVELY.
Wouldn't such a matrix scream "PI" before any choices are made?
TomasB
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1143 Posts

Profile of TomasB
Well, you can hide it by making the matrix scream a lot of other things at the same time, but surely PI has to be present in the matrix. Unless of course you have an infinite matrix in which case the procedure would be far too long. Smile

/Tomas
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17661 Posts

Profile of Slim King
That site is killer. I got to speak with Martin Gardner the other day. Very enlightening. Now I have another thing to thank him for.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
I hate you, Dave. Martin Gardner is my hero. I would probably just have a heart attack and die if I ever got to speak to him.

Have you taken a look at Annemann's '202 Methods of Forcing'? It's not just about card forces - he's also got dozens of methods for forcing various numbers. I got my eBook copy for $2 at lybrary.com.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17661 Posts

Profile of Slim King
OK, I'm reading Annemanns 202 and also working on the Matrix. Wow that matrix is powerful. What is the rational for removing the ranks and files (Rows)????
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2265 Posts

Profile of ddyment
Slim King asked:
Quote:
... Wow that matrix is powerful. What is the rational for removing the ranks and files (Rows)????

Not sure I fully understand this. If the question is, "What reason is given for deleting the rest of the numbers in the intersecting row and column?", I would reply, "Don't do it that way!" It's a very weak presentation for what can be a powerful effect. I discuss a couple of (what I consider to be) better alternatives in the aforementioned essay.
"Calculated Thoughts" now available at The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17661 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Thanks Doug
I really like the idea of intersecting colors or letters...anything for that matter. Rune Stones perhaps....LOL...Lots of fun here!
Carlos the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1234 Posts

Profile of Carlos the Great
Great article and spectacular discussion.

With the recent fascination of games such as Sudoku and Kakuro, there might be some really nice presentations out there. Any thoughts? I really like the ideas in Doug's article as well.

-Carlos
Cognite tute
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Math Smarties! Forcing ANY or ALL numbers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL