We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » British Ring Convention - Eastbourne (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
351 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
Who's going. We will be there. Love Eastbourne.
Daveandrews
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
723 Posts

Profile of Daveandrews
I'll be there!!

Dave
http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk

Winner of KIDabra International's 'People's Choice Award'
Winner IBM British Ring Dittia Shield for manipulation
Marcus Taylor
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Marcus Taylor
I'll be there as well! Can't wait!
Magically Yours,

Marcus Taylor

marcus-magic@hotmail.com
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
696 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
Hope to meet some of the Café members at the IBM in Eastbourne next week. Hope you'll be able to attend my trade show seminar which I'll be presenting with Tim Conover. Shep Hyken will also be presenting his corporate speaking seminar later in the week. It's a lecture not to be missed.

Seth Kramer
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
peterscarlett
View Profile
Regular user
England
137 Posts

Profile of peterscarlett
Go to http://www.britishring.org.uk/About_us/M......mme.html to see complete programme of events.

I'll be there!

Peter
Peter Scarlett
Peter Scarlett Magic
www.peterscarlett.com
Leslie Melville
View Profile
Special user
Blackpool-U.K.
685 Posts

Profile of Leslie Melville
I also will be there after a five year absence - looking forward to seeing old and new friends.

Stories....?
.....That's telling!
Stories....?....That's telling!
WKM
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester Uk
138 Posts

Profile of WKM
I can't go I'm working Smile But I will be thinking of you all.
Liam Ball MMC

www.w-k-m.co.uk

Not a belief - An Experience!
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
Does anyone know the competition results yet?
Cheers
Nick
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
I've just hear that the stage was won by Paul Dabek. Clse up was won by Marc Oberon, with Chris Power in second, and Steve Dela in third.
Well done everyone.
Nick
naquada
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of naquada
The gala show last night was pretty top notch.. very enjoyable.. even with our 'restricted view' seats..

Mac King was hysterical as ever, and jeff hobson was possibly the best compare the eastbourne convention seen... almost wet myself laughing (that or it was the old lady next to me!!)
Leslie Melville
View Profile
Special user
Blackpool-U.K.
685 Posts

Profile of Leslie Melville
My highlights:

This was my first British Ring Convention since 1999. That one being a miserable event that took place in Llandudno, a seaside town in North Wales.

This one was anything but miserable. The sun shone every day and the town was buzzing.

Performing highlight for me was John Calvert (who I had never seen before). He was booked to present 'The Jeffrey Atkins Lecture' and held his audience spellbound for ninety minutes with a miscellany of magic selected from his famous repertoire; included were his Cigarette Production, Paper Balls Over The Head, Sightless Vision, Dancing Handkerchief and as a tribute to Dante, he performed a version of ‘The Lazy Magician’ using two male members of the audience as his ‘female assistants’! At ninety-five years of age, the man is truly miraculous!

The Wednesday morning opening show featured Roy Davenport with his act ‘as known’, card & coin manipulations and spectacular Linking Rings.

British mentalist, Graham P. Jolley caught the eye in the Thursday night show. Graham has been around for some time and performs slick mental magic strongly laced with quick-witted acerbic humour. Very clever and very funny! On the same bill was John Carney, and sensational eccentric juggler, Charlie Frye & Co. he performed two spots in this show, the second consisting of amazing sleight of hand – no one has any right to be that versatile – I hate him!:-)

The Saturday Night Gala Show was one of the best that I remember! Hosted by the wonderfully on-form Jeff Hobson, it included James Dimmare, Mac King, the recent FISM award winner, Pilou and Wally Eastwood with the most fantastic juggling act that I have ever seen!

There were lectures by John Carney, Vanni Bossi, Charlie Frye, Jeff Hobson, Mac King plus one that really impressed me, presented by Shep Hyken, a corporate motivational speaker, who lectured on the subject of 'Magic and the Speaking Business'.

A British Ring first was provided by two, top trade show performers (Seth Kramer & Tim Conover), who were showing how it’s done – big attendance for this one!

There was much more of course, but these were my memorable moments and the personalities who created them.

My favourite patter story of the week, was provided by John Calvert (who else?).

He said, “Many people ask me, how do you become a Magician? I tell them that many, many years ago, it was the practice in the Middle East to train orators by making them place pebbles in their mouths. They would then have to articulate their words, carrying these pebbles in their mouths, every day. With magicians, they were forced to carry in their mouths, not pebbles, but marbles. Some times they would lose a marble – and it would be replaced with another. Eventually, when they had lost all of their marbles, they were ready to become magicians!”

I really liked that!
Stories....?....That's telling!
Daveandrews
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
723 Posts

Profile of Daveandrews
Just for those interested, and having finally recovered, here is a list of the Competition winners .......

STAGE

1st - Paul Dabek
2nd - Joe Ray
3rd - Graham Lee

Manipulation - Joe Ray
Comedy - Paul Ray (Joe's Dad)
Conventioneer Trophy - Graham Lee

CLOSE-UP

1st - Mark Oberon
2nd - Chris Power
3rd - Steve Dela (who also won the Rovi Trophy)

DEALER'S TROPHY - Colin Rose

Many congratulations to all the winners and it is just great to see the Ray family continuing the winning tradition.

Best of,

Dave.
http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk

Winner of KIDabra International's 'People's Choice Award'
Winner IBM British Ring Dittia Shield for manipulation
terry herbert
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of terry herbert
One name missing from the list of artists and lecturers who appeared at The British Ring Convention was David Kaye from New York aka Silly Billy who gave an excellent lecture on the philosophy of entertaining children with excerpts from his very successful book 'Seriously Silly'
He also emceed the Children's Show on the Saturday morning which featured Jimbo, Gingernutt The Clown, Magic Rose and Bharet Patel.

Regards to all

Terry Herbert
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » British Ring Convention - Eastbourne (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL