The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Bobo's book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wikiro
View Profile
Elite user
NY
435 Posts

Profile of wikiro
Im having trouble with it so far the only things I can pull off are the utility moves and only a few of them.
If you punch a wall so hard your knee hurts your goal has been accomplished.

Never Panic!

Wikiro Smile
DeadRinger
View Profile
New user
long island
55 Posts

Profile of DeadRinger
when i first bought that book i became extremely discouraged but once you can do the utility moves the rest will all fall into place.. keep practicing and good luck
*POOF*
Joedy
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Joedy
Don't be discouraged. I've had Bobo's book for years and can only say with confidence that I've only mastered about one third of the moves in the book. There's a LOT of material there; enough material for YEARS of study.

Check out the coinpurse.com site for some additional routines.

And also, don't discount the many possibilities and routines that can be performed with only one or two sleights. The utility move will allow you to do many effects.

Remember, it's not the skill of the sleight that the spectator enjoys, it's the magic that the sleights create.
Alex W.
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of Alex W.
Try to find the study guide to Bobo on the Coin Purse. It's a great guide to learning the basics and finally the tough stuff.
deuces
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Ontario
63 Posts

Profile of deuces
yeah the link is

http://www.zyworld.com/coinpurse/Articles90.htm

if you had troubles
"Hockey eh?"
Full Effect
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
257 Posts

Profile of Full Effect
If the only things you can pull off so far are the utility moves then youprobably havent given the book much time. Coin magic doesnt just happen over night. It takes alot of practice. If you're new to coin magic there is life after BOBO try DVDs or videos. Dan has a review on his coinvaish website on all the beginner vidoes that you can choose from.

Remember Bobos book was written back in the 50s so some of the moves you can say arent used much these days (ie backpalm)
"Running water never becomes stale, so keep flowing" - Immortal Dragon Bruce Lee
Sneakers
View Profile
Regular user
Melbourne, Australia
106 Posts

Profile of Sneakers
Just by the by...

Some people (myself included) learn quicker and easier from watching rather than reading. If you have the means, you might consider some of the outstanding videos that are on the market today. You wouldn’t have to look very far here at the Café to find a heap of recommendations. At the very least, consider Michael Ammar's "Complete Introduction to Coin Magic." A lot of the sleights that you already have in Bobo's book are covered as well as a number of routines you can do with those sleights.

There are certainly a whole range of others available, however you won't go wrong by starting with Ammar.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Bobo's book (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL