The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » What illusion is this? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

briansmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
507 Posts

Profile of briansmagic
I am not sure what it's called or who makes it...if anyone knows anything about it (name, builder, history, inventor, etc.) I'd really appreciate it.

The girl steps into a small square cabinet on a base w/ legs. Then, large lightbulbs on the side of the cabinet hinge in to penetrate the cabinet and girl. The shade is lifted and the girl has vanished.
magicguy67
View Profile
Loyal user
mEL.fLORIDA
287 Posts

Profile of magicguy67
Sounds like some sort of shadow box or something.
they thought it was impossible until they met me.

theres no reality in magic

did the magician come before the assistant or the other way around.
gulamerian
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of gulamerian
Sounds like Chalets Wonder Window.
briansmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
507 Posts

Profile of briansmagic
It's not a shadow box, it's more of a sword box. Instead of swords, there are light bulbs. Instead of inserting all the bulbs one at a time, they are all connected and go in at the same time: One group from the right side of the cabinet and one side from the left side of the cabinet. They are hinged to the base and rotate up into the cabinet. Pretty cool looking.

What is Chalet's Wonder Window? I couldn't find anything about it...

I know Jody Baran built at least one of them, but I'm fairly certain it didn't originate w/ him...
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
Roger Caps [sp] is the designer of wonder window. Roger is Jodys' designer in Hawaii.

Jack
briansmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
507 Posts

Profile of briansmagic
Does anyone know how to get in touch w/ Roger? Maybe a PM or email would be best, if you do have his contact info...
briansmagic@valleyint.com

Brian
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » What illusion is this? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL