The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » After my mamma? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nairbles
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of nairbles
What do you guys do after red hot mamma? switch decks? just take the one card out and pretend like it never existed? any specific trick that works well right after it?

I love this effect
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
460 Posts

Profile of Hushai
Isn't Red Hot Mama also called "The Chicago Opener" because it doesn't REQUIRE any cleaning up of the deck afterwards? That is, it can be the opening item in a routine, because the deck is a perfectly normal 52-card deck after the trick is over. The odd-backed card is separated from the rest of the deck -- it can be given to the spectator if the magician wants to -- and you can go on from there. The duplicate of the odd-backed card is still there in the deck, but if anyone asks about it later in the routine, you can do what Bob Longe suggests and say "Oh, that was a DIFFERENT 10 of clubs" (or whatever the card is).
JackScratch
View Profile
Inner circle
2151 Posts

Profile of JackScratch
In otherwords, yeah, take the card out. I love this effect as well, but had to quit doing it. No time for setup while doing walkaround. I actualy used to close with this effect, I wouldn't finish it, I would just say my parting words and walk away, leaving the stranger card lying face down, having not shown it. They would eventualy get curious and look. I could always hear the reactions from across the room.
nairbles
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of nairbles
That's a great idea... I'm really fond of the whole "i think I messed up" tricks anyway...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » After my mamma? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL