The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Metamorphosis/ Subtrunk (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
457 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
I am looking for a place to buy this. I am a college student so I am planning on just buying the plans and building it myself. I want to perform the effect like the pendragons. I know I wont be CLOSE to doing it as fast as them but I would like to do the basic concept of that. If I get the plans to Subtrunk will it tell me how to do the metamorphosis?
Thanks for your help
Chris
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Dear Chris,

it is VERY! straight forward.. I had one givin to me.. didn't even know how it worked.. I found the **** and then because I had seen vids of it I knew how to perform it.. !

Good Luck!

Report the outcome!
Skypoint
View Profile
New user
Dallas, Texas
71 Posts

Profile of Skypoint
Chris,

Go to the Osborne site and scroll down to the Sub Trunk design. I think all the plans are 25.00 or so. I've purchased several of his plans, they are detailed so you should be able to see how the trunk works! The rest is developing your own routine.

You can find it here: http://hamiltonholtinc.stores.yahoo.net/plans1.html

Good luck,

Jim
tropicalpenguin
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of tropicalpenguin
How about construction? How difficult is it?
-The penguin has spoken Smile

-How could 52 pieces of cardboard ever bring so much joy?
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
757 Posts

Profile of 61magic
Construction is not too hard for the packing case type trunk. You need some basic wood working knowledge to really make it look good.
Make sure you test the dimensions first with a model made out of cardboard to see if the box, and the special part are the right size. Plans will always need to be modified for each individual.
Make sure your lumber is dry, straight, and the best you can afford.
The box is easy, the top requires special attention. When I built my first one I made three tops before I was happy with the results so don't give up if the first attempt does not come out perfect.
Good luck.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
steves7
View Profile
Regular user
Blue Springs, Missouri
114 Posts

Profile of steves7
I have purchased several sets of plans. I have since purchased one and no longer need the plans. Several people have given me tips on performance that I would be glad to pass along. PM me if you are interested.

Thanks
Steve
joegow
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of joegow
The packing type subtrunk is really different from the system the pendragons use. I have had 5 subtrunks over the past several years, if you build your own, use really good wood, it makes a big difference
fredmoore
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of fredmoore
Beware if you buy one off of the Internet. A couple of years ago I found one on EBay at a really good price (should have been a clue NOT to get it). When I got it, it was the BIGGEST piece of crap I have ever seen. It was unworkable and obviously the person who built it had never seen the workings of one before or even looked at the plans.

I ended up taking it apart, using the hardware and building shelves out of the rest of it!

Make sure you know who built it!
www.moorefred.com

"Find A Job You Love And You
Add 5 Days To Your Week!"
dlcmagic
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of dlcmagic
Two words. Chalet Magic. I own one and it is the best !!!!
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
513 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
Check also Dream illusion. Jack build a really nice one. if I had the money would buy one. I am poor magician lol.
cameroncando
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of cameroncando
Quote:
On 2006-09-15 00:12, joegow wrote:
I have had 5 subtrunks over the past several years, if you build your own, use really good wood, it makes a big difference

is this your way of saying you were not using good wood? Smile
Curt from Canada
View Profile
New user
Canada eh!
77 Posts

Profile of Curt from Canada
I would Really like to attemped a build of the Sub trunk. I have Paul Osborne's Classic illusions volume one and know the workings of it. All I would like to find out what type of wood to use. I have little woodworking skills but and taking it as a course at my school and have full access to lots of equiptment. Also I would have to take into consideration the type of joints to use. I am planning on using a reinforced mitre joint for the main structure but would some how like it to be semi deconstructable for easy transportation.

I would love it if anyone here could help me out with this and answere a few of my questions.

Thanks,
Curt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Metamorphosis/ Subtrunk (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL