The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Doves fighting (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jarana
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Jarana
I just separated one of my doves apart from the other two in the cage, it seems as if they have been pecking at it and plucking one of his wings feathers, and come to think the dove being attacked has been on pain cause last time I took it out, when I was making it fly back to my hand, the wing flaped in an unusual way like if it was hurt or something.

My question is should I get a new partner for this dove? I use to have four but somehow his mate got away once when the cage's water door was left open.

Also does his feathers grow back? will he get back to a healthy stage, if I leave him to recover in another cage?

any help would be appreciated

Jaime
Got a website? We can help--> www.clorus.com
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4984 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Jaime, it sounds like you have a few males mixed together. That will never work. Separating it is the correct thing to do. You can get another bird, just make sure it's female. don't worry about the pecked feathers. They will grow back. It doesn't take long. As to the injured wing, as long it can move it freely it should be ok. If you see that it isn't flapping, take it to an avian vet to have it checked out.
Where the magic begins
Jarana
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Jarana
Thanks Dave, I appreciate your response, as soon as I get off work, I'm getting another cage. Since last night I have him in the "moving" cage and its small in there.

thanks again

Jaime
Got a website? We can help--> www.clorus.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Doves fighting (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL