The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Favorite self working card trick? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
DanielTyler
View Profile
New user
New York
95 Posts

Profile of DanielTyler
I'm not shy to sleight of hand of gimmicks, but I love to be able to do a card trick every once and a while that requires little-to-no skill. I understand this is the forum to be! Unfortunately, I don't know that many self-workers.

My personal favorite is my own "Blind Triumph," and I'm interested to hear everyone else's favorites. So without further ado...
- Daniel Tyler

www.tylermagic.com
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
2040 Posts

Profile of Rennie
The Lazy Man's Card Trick, which I believe can be found in Close-Up Card Magic by Harry Lorayne. You do not even have to touch the deck. The spectator does all the work. Great self working effect...
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
galerius
View Profile
Loyal user
Piemontese Alps ( Northwestern Italy )
238 Posts

Profile of galerius
Me neither I don't know that many, anyway if I must to choose amongst the few I know at the moment my favorite is "Upside-Down deck" from Scarne's book ; simple and astonishing.
Mago Gregorio
View Profile
Elite user
Paris, France
473 Posts

Profile of Mago Gregorio
Untouched by Daryl is quite impromptu and one of the strongest I use.
Smile Smile Smile
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Yes, Untouched is quite a self-worker. I also like Devastation.
nairbles
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of nairbles
The piano trick from Royal Road, that was the first trick I did in front of people and they were flabberghasted. It looks silly but it really proves how fast you can make cards jump from pile to pile. But obviously no sleights required.
Mago Gregorio
View Profile
Elite user
Paris, France
473 Posts

Profile of Mago Gregorio
Quote:
On 2006-06-06 23:09, VcosNJ wrote:
Yes, Untouched is quite a self-worker. I also like Devastation.

VcosNJ, Where may we find Devastation ? Who invented that ?

Thank's
Smile Smile Smile
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
My personal favorite is Stuart James' "Further Than That". It can be found on Michael Ammar's "Easy To Master Card Miracles" set. But my second favorite, which I am surprised that nobody mentioned yet is "Do As I Do". That one usually never fails to get a nice reaction and it is self working. Remember that simple magic hits hard.
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
433 Posts

Profile of Hushai
Quote:
On 2006-06-07 22:45, Mago Gregorio wrote:
Where may we find Devastation ? Who invented that ?

It's on Geoff Williams's currently popular DVD "Miracles for Mortals: Killer Magic for the Rest of Us," Volume 2. He did not originate the trick, and there are other sources suggested for it in other threads here on the Café -- do a search on "Devastation" and you'll find a lot of comment on it. It's been hailed as a great impromptu self-working trick.
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Yep, Devastation is in Geoff William's dvd set. Sal Paciente also has a presentation for this. It's quite a baffler if presented well.
oso2you
View Profile
Regular user
Oregon
128 Posts

Profile of oso2you
I agree with Phil. Do as I do is easy and has a great effect on the audience. I have even had great reactions to something as simple as the slop shuffle.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2006-06-06 13:29, galerius wrote:
Me neither I don't know that many, anyway if I must to choose amongst the few I know at the moment my favorite is "Upside-Down deck" from Scarne's book ; simple and astonishing.

I agree. This is a great trick.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
galerius
View Profile
Loyal user
Piemontese Alps ( Northwestern Italy )
238 Posts

Profile of galerius
Quote:
On 2006-06-13 10:05, Vandy Grift wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-06-06 13:29, galerius wrote:

I agree. This is a great trick.

And btw...I learnt it because I've read a post by You, after a search Smile
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
And btw...I learnt it because I've read a post by You, after a search Smile

That's great! Glad I could help. It really is an excellent trick and easy as pie to do.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Juble
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of Juble
Another strong vote for Carlyle's Upside Down Deck. I often use this in conjunction with Red Hot Mama or Bizzare Twist by placing the stranger card directly above the reversed card. It plays very strongly since the specky gets to handle the cards and are even more amazed when one changes colour. Just make sure you reveal the 2 cards face down!
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1907 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Premonition by Bob Solari.
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
833 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
I like Ed Marlo's Matcho from the Magic. Inc. pamphlet by the same name (may be elsewhere, I don't know)

Posted: Jun 16, 2006 12:55am
Sorry the pamphlet is called "Marlo Meets His Match" and I am talking about the first simplest version.
Jeff Dial
View Profile
Special user
Kent, WA
532 Posts

Profile of Jeff Dial
"Destiny" which can be found in Phil Goldstein's Green Book of Mentalism and Max Maven's Prism.
"Think our brains must be too highly trained, Majikthise" HHGG
Yanez
View Profile
New user
Eddy Yanez
7 Posts

Profile of Yanez
I like "Kolossal Killer" Self working! Keep it in your wallet all the time. Concentrate on the card your looking for. Just a little bit of patter and your a god!
Sultan: Are you a Magician?

Jaffar: I have some skill.

-The Thief of Bagdad 1940-
Feral Chorus
View Profile
Elite user
CA
424 Posts

Profile of Feral Chorus
One that I have not seen mentioned is Paul Green's Jeopardy. It is very much self working, involves the spectators, and seems impossible. It can be found in the DVD In the Trenches.

-Feral
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Favorite self working card trick? (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL