The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings from Austin! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

djrdjr
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, TX
226 Posts

Profile of djrdjr
Hi, all!

My name is Dale. I am a 43-year-old who does not currently perform magic. As a teenager, I was consumed by it, learning all manner of tricks, building most of my illusions and performing frequently, as well as devouring any book I could find at the bookstore or library (no Internet, of course).

My passion for magic has been stirred since my 14-year-old son expressed an interest. I have been teaching him card handling and some tricks. I'm not sure I'll ever return to performing, but I am enjoying mentoring my son in magic and it's proved to be a great bonding experience for us.

I just wanted to thank the organizers of the Café, and to tell you all that I really appreciate the spirit of comraderie here.
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
327 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Welcome to the Café!
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3642 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Hi, Dale

Welcome!!

Jim
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2586 Posts

Profile of truthteller
I'm Brad Henderson. I live in Austin. I wish you the best in your magic pursuits. Be sure to check our Texas Magic Supply up in Cedar Park.
djrdjr
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, TX
226 Posts

Profile of djrdjr
Quote:
On 2006-06-07 16:19, truthteller wrote:
I'm Brad Henderson. I live in Austin. I wish you the best in your magic pursuits. Be sure to check our Texas Magic Supply up in Cedar Park.

Hi Brad!

Since finding out about Texas Magic Supply two weeks ago, I've already been there twice! It's great to have a brick-and-mortar shop so close. We're lucky!
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1522 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Dale, I too have twins that are showing an interest in magic. I was in Austin only two weeks ago and if I would have known about Texas Magic Supply I certainly would have brought my kids in. Hopefully I can make it back down there in the next couple of weeks.
djrdjr
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, TX
226 Posts

Profile of djrdjr
Welcome to the boards, JAlenS!

If you need directions, give me a shout. Also, you cn check out their webpage here:

http://www.texasmagicsupply.com/

Are you in Texas? Where? Are your twins identical? That could open up a LOT of magical possibilities!

--Dale.
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1522 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Quote:
On 2006-06-18 02:08, djrdjr wrote:
Welcome to the boards, JAlenS!

If you need directions, give me a shout. Also, you cn check out their webpage here:

http://www.texasmagicsupply.com/

Are you in Texas? Where? Are your twins identical? That could open up a LOT of magical possibilities!
I currently live in Amarillo. The twins are not identical but are boy and girl and the best kids a dad could ask for. They are moving out of state but I'm going to try to get back down there before they move. My daughter got the paddle move down in about ten minutes with a hotrod so maybe she'll be joining us here at the Café shortly. She's extremely enthusiastic. My son has a taste for the bizarre, hooray!!!

--Dale.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings from Austin! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL