The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Bicycle Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
I just walked in to my neighborhood Sam's Club this afternoon and found what looks like a jumbo deck of bicycle cards. It is actually a box containing 13 decks of bicycle's for $14 and change. Now I haven't been to Sam's in awhile so I don;t know how new this is. I know it is new in my area which is Southern Illinois and Missouri near St. Louis. Not a bad price.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
theEpiphany
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of theEpiphany
Yeah I heard about SAM's doing some of these especially with the vintage LE decks. Were these standard Rider Backs?

I just became a costco member and they sell 12 decks for 12.75. When I saw that I cursed the fact I didn't know this sooner. ::sigh::
sportshooter
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA USA
161 Posts

Profile of sportshooter
Jimmy,
I saw those a while back. Pretty neat packaging.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......;forum=2
Thanks,
SS
"Don't trouble 'bout no two hen's, Boss. Get yo' own hen'. De suckah, he'll get a han' all right, suah!"
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Yep these have been all over for a while. They also have the vintage decks for sale while supplies last. The BIG BOX is just begging for a routine!

I cleaned the store out last time! : )

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Jimmy,

If you get back to Sams, keep your eyes open for the "Vintage Bicycle" sets that they have at the Sams clubs around here. I was just there last week and they still had them. It's a great deal and the cards are mucho keen.

EDIT: I just noticed that Nathan mentioned the Vintage decks before me.

Vandy
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
Quote:
On 2006-06-06 14:13, Vandy Grift wrote:

...keep your eyes open for the "Vintage Bicycle" sets...

I've just ordered a few of these in fact... Thistle Back, Tangent Back etc. Not sure how they'll handle but certainly looking forward to trying them out.
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Neo,

If you like regular Bikes you will like these as well or better. I've been through several decks and have liked them very much. And since they are actually cheaper than reg Bikes I'm using them for everything. I really like the Cupid back and the Tangent backs. The Tangents are great for blockout work. I think I'm sitting on about 60 decks right now.
theEpiphany
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of theEpiphany
Is it me, or is Bike stock getting thicker again...and Tally Hos getting thinner...

I opened up a new box of cards (12 pack brick) that I just bought from costco and noticed that the cardstock is holding up a lot longer and is a lot stiffer than some of my old "Texas Holdem branded" Rider Back decks...Furthermore the Tally Ho decks are getting more like The Bicycle Spades decks which feel more like a single ply card.

Maybe its just me.
rambam
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of rambam
Do they have tally ho's?
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Rambam. Not that I've ever seen.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2006-06-06 15:10, Vandy Grift wrote:
I think I'm sitting on about 60 decks right now.

Everyone sits on a good Bicycle now and then... Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Alan M
View Profile
Elite user
California
433 Posts

Profile of Alan M
Does anyone know if I can get the LE sets in quantity other than at Sam's Club?
Kaylan
View Profile
Special user
CT
758 Posts

Profile of Kaylan
Alan M - no the only place to get them (retail) is at Sam's Club. I checked with Bicycle, and they confirmed it.

Kaylan
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
525 Posts

Profile of sibbie
I wish my Sams would get the vintage backs in. I have tried a couple of times with no luck at all.
magicbar
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of magicbar
Also have em here in Tucson, AZ
theEpiphany
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of theEpiphany
I had heard somewhere that SAM doesn't have the complete collection of the Vintage ones...I forget which ones I was told aren't carried by SAM. Is this true???
sportshooter
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA USA
161 Posts

Profile of sportshooter
The vintage Safety Backs (1892-1943) are available online or directly from The USPCC. The vintage Racer Backs (1895-1906) will be available in the fall.

http://www.usplayingcard.com/pdf/uspc_catalog_core_2006.pdf
"Don't trouble 'bout no two hen's, Boss. Get yo' own hen'. De suckah, he'll get a han' all right, suah!"
rambam
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of rambam
Are the vintage bikes better quality than the newer ones?
theEpiphany
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of theEpiphany
I had spoken to someone who also said that the fanbacks are coming into production shortly....Has anyone heard about this as well...
djrdjr
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, TX
226 Posts

Profile of djrdjr
Just a tip ... two Sam's Clubs here in Austin. One has none of the vintage sets, another has 32 sets on the shelf. If you've got more than one Sam's Club in your area, look around.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Bicycle Cards (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL