The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Bicycle Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
525 Posts

Profile of sibbie
I had heard something about the Fan Backs as well. These are the ones I am really looking forward to.

All the vintage backs are supposed to be Sam's Club exclusives from what I have been told. But, at the same time, apparently all stores are not going to receive them either. My store still does not have them. I just got off the phone with a manager who is trying to get them in. Thanks to djrdjr I was able to locate the club in Austin who has them and get the product information for my local manager to try and track them down.

I hope they are worth the effort!
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
525 Posts

Profile of sibbie
In what quantity and price do the vintage decks come?

Thanks!
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
The Vintage Backs come six decks to a pack (3 each red and 3 each blue in Tangent,Cupid and Thistle Back) with a book of card game rules for 10 bucks. I use them all the time now because the vintage backs are actually cheaper than regular bikes. And they look really nice.

UPDATE: I'm now sitting on 72 decks. Smile
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
The Brick and Mortar Magic Shop here in Springfield carries the Safety backs... If anyone wants me to send them some, just pm me. They're pretty tough to come by.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
It's not just the "Vintage" decks that are of a higher quality than the regular Bikes, you'll find the printing (for square) and the cut better on any of the USPCC custom game decks (2 to a box) as well.

These include the Rummy, Canasta, Solitare, Spades and Euchre decks.
The Canasta deck, with the New Fan Back design is currently my favorite USPCC deck for quality and appearance, although like most, I love the back of the cards but dislike the numbers beside the pips on the front of the card used to score the various games.
In addition to the "Vintage Series" the "New Fan Back", "High Wheel", "League", "Eagle" and other backs are actually in full production, just not on the regular decks of Bikes.
theEpiphany
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of theEpiphany
Silverking...

You actually like the Spades Decks? While I agree with you on the Canasta decks, the spades decks had a cardstock similar to that of "studs"; EXTREMELY thin. I originally bought them because I had initially thought that there were quad indices on all 52 cards (unfortunately it's just the 13 spades). While I'll still use them from time to time, I'm just not a fan. I'm sitting on about 12 decks most of which will probably never get used.

Interesting to hear other people's opinions. Thanks!
Magicmike1949
View Profile
Special user
643 Posts

Profile of Magicmike1949
Have checked one Sam's in Memphis. Didn't have either of Bike decks. Have a terrible cheap kind of cards. Will keep checking.
djrdjr
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, TX
226 Posts

Profile of djrdjr
Quote:
On 2006-06-09 16:59, sibbie wrote:
Thanks to djrdjr I was able to locate the club in Austin who has them and get the product information for my local manager to try and track them down.

I hope they are worth the effort!

Hey, what do you know/ I was finally able to help somebody here. I think you will find they are worth the effort. Hope you enjoy them!

--Dale.
Mysterioii
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Mysterioii
Quote:
The Canasta deck, with the New Fan Back design is currently my favorite USPCC deck for quality and appearance, although like most, I love the back of the cards but dislike the numbers beside the pips on the front of the card used to score the various games.

I just picked up a few sets of the various 2-deck game sets... I also really like the fan backs... and hate the fronts... Hopefully this really is being reissued with regular faces. I have a quirk where I like to get 3 of each color of each style of deck... I assume most come with a red and a blue but the canasta are both blue so I have 6 blue fan backs with ugly faces. (I don't play canasta... I assume the two decks get shuffled together or something).
David Franklin
View Profile
New user
Jonesborough, TN
76 Posts

Profile of David Franklin
I would dearly love to see the fan backs re-issued in their original form. The canasta cards are ok but I would pay a premium to have some standard fan backs. I love those cards!
cajmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Long Beach, California
235 Posts

Profile of cajmagic
Costo has them also

they also have the Jumbo Index - which I do not like - but at $1 a deck I would buy just for the savings
Caj Brejtfus
CajMagic and the CAJ Deck of Magic Gaff Cards
:BIKES:
magiczim
View Profile
New user
Philly
67 Posts

Profile of magiczim
Bulk packs of cards are the way to go. much cheaper!

_Zim
"We live within the recreation of others" - René Lavand
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Bicycle Cards (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL