The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What do you all do besides magic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
What other hobbies do we as magicians have? Practitioners of our art tend to be a generally strange lot, I am curious to find out.

I Myself collect monkeys (I have hundreds of them), Martial art weapons & memoribilia of the band kiss. Please reply, I am very interested.

Ichazod
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5901 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Fencing, gourmet cooking, wine collecting, Guitar playing & collecting, song writing, trapeze flying, swing dancing, art collecting.....oh yeah, chasin’ the ladies Smile

Tom Cutts
Magicman0323
View Profile
Special user
Just outside parts unknown.
713 Posts

Profile of Magicman0323
I love spending time with the family, I like to collect different things. Cook, Fight Fire, and run ambulance calls. I also love to read and you can almost always find me at the library.
You'll wonder when I'm coming, you'll wonder even more when I'm gone. - Max Malini
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Ventriloquism, music (vocalist, harmonica and just taking up bass guitar) writing, reading, movies, hanging out with friends.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3754 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
I guess I should add some of mine to the mix:

Collecting hour glasses, rabbits in hats, old magic props, posters, etc. Especially Carter the Great items.

I am facinated with history, especially the American Civil War. I also enjoy archeology, and astronomy.

Other hobbies include playing guitar & drums,
Website design, Playing Chess, Video games, Collecting music cd’s (I have over 800), Watching & reading Scifi, Writing, and my biggest one, Graphic Arts. I love to watch good comedy, and probably would have been a comedian if not for magic, so I combine the two. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
John Zander
View Profile
Loyal user
Downey, CA
247 Posts

Profile of John Zander
I play and teach guitar, bass, mandolin & banjo. I played guitar professionally for 15 years before magic. I have played for Donny Osmond, Steven Tyler, Michael Jackson and others. I also owned my own music academy for a while before magic took over. My own CD got some nice drive-time air play here in LA.... 7 years ago. I also worked as a "40 man" (electrician) in the film industry for three years.

Mostly I love to spend time with my wife and my son (daddy’s pride & joy) I use to collect sci-fi toys, STTNG, SW, Aliens, Terminator etc but don’t really anymore. I have a collection of magician autographs on cards, 8x10s and mag covers.

I really love to spend time with friends playing games like trivial pursuit and movie trivia. And I LOVE to be at home watching my DVDs with the 5.1 cranked WAY up!

Wow, I just realized how boring I am! Smile

It is amazing how many magicians are also musicians!

Thank you,

John Zander

The Award Winning Comedy

Magic of John Zander

http://www.ZanderMagic.com

http://ArtofMagic.8k.com

Thank you,

John Zander

The Award Winning

Comedy Magic of

John Zander

http://www.ZanderMagic.com

http://www.AllMagic.net
Doug Byrd
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
361 Posts

Profile of Doug Byrd
Not me John. I can barely play a radio without some help. Smile

I’ve always wanted to play the guitar though.

Outside of driving tractor trailer I don’t have much time left for anything else. I do like to collect Full Moon figurines like the PuppetMaster series, odd toys like the Original Furbys, and Todd McFarlane items like the new Tortured Souls line. Smile

I’m also looking for the first set of 7 Living Dead Dolls (at a decent price - not the over inflated e-bay prices).

Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of Axman
I was also a guitar teacher before I got into computer game design, which is what I do now.

There seems to be something that draws magicians to music and vice versa.

I remember a thread on another board about pro magicians that play guitar. There were loads of names mentioned.
Cliff
View Profile
New user
Warrington, England.
73 Posts

Profile of Cliff
I’m not into sports, as I get worn out running the bath.

Apart from collecting dust, I also collect Cocktails and Cocktail Shakers.

I’m running the Oldham Magic Club, and am the worship leader at the Church I go to. Smile Smile

What a combination.!!! Smile

All the best

Cliff
All the best

Cliff
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2836 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Reading and watching science fiction and some fantasy. (Why isn’t Disney optioning the Edward Eager books!!!)

Lately though, I haven’t been reading as much as I should nor practicing/rehearsing/performing as much as I’d like... I’ve just been busy fighting clinical depression! Smile Smile Smile

"A good magician never reveals his secrets,

especially when he’s not to sure himself!"-Tigger
"All the world's a stage, but the play is badly cast!" - Oscar Wilde
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
I don’t know whether this hobby of mine has anything to do with magic. I love balloons (round and non-round balloons. I’d always try to find ways to create new ideas on deco and twisting. I guess some magicians out there might have the same interest as me. Smile
Bernard Sim
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
923 Posts

Profile of Martino
I'm into Football, (that's the English foot kind not the US hand kind!), Ju-Jitsu (purple belt-currently in hibernation), and music. Like many of you seem to, I play the guitar. I guess we're all desperate to perform and entertain on some level! Smile
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
RayBanks
View Profile
Special user
Nassau Bay, TX
533 Posts

Profile of RayBanks
My other interests include photography, video production, sports, reading, woodworking, and football officiating (High school-32 years)!!

And of course the important outside interests--a eleven year old boy and a 13 year old girl and house maintenance which almost precludes doing any of the first things I mentioned! Smile

Q: "Don’t you think it’s more fun building a fence than sitting in the neighbor’s garage watching football and drinking beer?’

A; "NO!"

Smile

Ray Banks
-------------
Pick a card, any card...No. not THAT one...THIS one

Ray Banks
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Nice to hear a little more about you Ray! After seeing you post here and on the Visions forum, I almost feel I know you!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
1600 Posts

Profile of Big Daddy Cool
Geez, it's good ta see I ain't alone in this multi-talent department. Besides magic I sing and act. Too many professional credits to mention. The most recent and the one I'm most proud of is my own full variety show, Jump, Jive & Swing.

I have worked professionally as a comic book artist, and illustrator. At present, art is just something I enjoy doing in my spare time.

I love comic books, so when I'm not performing I can be found reading comics. I have probably close to 15,000.

When not reading comics I'll be either watching movies (I'm an addict), playing video games (rare these days), or working on websites (I build them).

I do like some sports. Baseball is the only team sport I watch. I don't play anymore, but every now and then I like to go to the batting cages and see if I still got it. I love wrestling (pro & amatuer), martial arts and boxing. I've studied and competed in all. I have a black belt in Tae Kwon Do, and a Golden Gloves boxing championship. Although I did wrestle competively in High School, I never won any titles (although I did beat the State Champ in an exhibition shortly after he took the title).

I think that's it. Well the major stuff anyway. Sheesh.
We'll catch ya on the Back of the Cereal Box!
John Pyka
www.johnpyka.com
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1397 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
I'm a spell checker Smile

Mya Smile
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5901 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
I'm confused. Are you Mya Angel or Ima Spellchecker? Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Tom Cutts
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1397 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
Smile
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5901 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Smile
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
In addition to magic and escapes, I collect Peanuts gang stuff. I was in mourning for two weeks when Charles Schulz died. Most of my friends say I’m obsessed with Peanuts stuff. I mean, just because the Christmas tree has nothing but Peanuts decorations, I wouldn’t call that obsessed! The pride and joy of my collection is an autographed picture I have of Mr. Schulz holding a giant Snoopy.

Of course, before any of that, I’ve got two young men who are the absolute light of my life! Benjamin is 9 and recently achieved the rank of Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do. Ryan is 4 and loves to see how far he can test Mommy before she brings out the big guns.

Speaking of guns, I target shoot as a hobby. I own two handguns and target shoot with both of those. Before anyone has a heart attack, when not at the shooting range, the pistols are unloaded and trigger locks are on them. The boys also don’t know where they are kept. I never bring them out if they are around.

I do not have a regular 9-5 job. I have a custom design t-shirt business that I run out of my home, in addition to doing the magic. Of course, a lot of people think that because I don’t have a ’regular’ job, I don’t have a job at all. Before I decided to do this, I worked construction for ten years.

So, between my boys, my work, and magic, I don’t have a lot of time left over for too much. But, I wouldn’t trade any of it for anything!
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What do you all do besides magic? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL