The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The electric touch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JOHNSHEIBAL
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of JOHNSHEIBAL
I've seen this costly trick (or effect enhancement utility) advertised, but want to talk to someone who has it or has seen it before purchasing. It's a big investment, so I'd like to find out some of the pro's and con's. Are there any limitations as to where you can perform it? Is it pretty much 100% reliable. Can I use it indoors or outdoors. Any requirements for it to work besides let's say good batteries?
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
Not to sound trite but try the search function. I believe this trick has been discussed in more depth then any other in the history of the board.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
No carpet and no humidty. Other than have fun. At least from what I have been told. Mine should be to me in a few days. Cant WAIT!!!
Silver_Fang
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio
282 Posts

Profile of Silver_Fang
I was just wondering what other effects are possible thru electric touch. I heard that you could light a zippo lighter with the gimmick.
AEdwards
View Profile
Regular user
North Carolina
106 Posts

Profile of AEdwards
It's only limited my your creativity. I love my 4 to death and often use it in my street and strolling performances. Yes, I own 4 of them just in case 1 should breakdown. I wear mine almost daily. It as with anything else in magic is a love/hate thing. I love Yigal's Electric Touch. Some people are gonna tell you it's not that good or not good at all or even worse. When it comes to any effect I'm a strong believer in it's 99% performance, presentation, ability and 1% method, sleight, gaff or gimmick. Hence there is very little bad magic but tons of poor ability, creativity, and willingness to apply. You know what type of effects you like to do and want to do. No one know's better your performing style than you. Oh all this rambling I almost forgot to answer your questions. Yes ET works great indoors and outdoors. You will find that depending on you surrounding's it will work too good. Yes it is reliable so far 100%. Mine has seen over 120 days of good use only had to change the batt's. Which by the way are not expensive a pack of 4 batteries $4.00. I saw about 10 days of use before I had to swap out batteries. ( a lil advice take the batties out when storing your ET they will last longer ). You will have to do some set up but its nothing major it only takes a few minutes. I think you will be happy with your purchase.

Later, Anton
http://www.antonedwards.net

Shattering Reality
JOHNSHEIBAL
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of JOHNSHEIBAL
I really appreciate your feed back guys. I've bought a lot of junk over the years and hate to get burned- I should say shocked. I'll be glad share any ideas I come up with for uses in effects etc. I perform 2-3 times a week in restaurants and get dozens of opportunities to experiment with such things. Again, thanks and I'll return the favor.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
There is a website devoted to its uses, with many great suggestions for setup and play. You'll probably get the reference when you buy it.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
gfcal
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of gfcal
I just received mine a few days ago. It's actually very clever and it actually does work on carpet. The device is expensive and you may want to make an investment in the way you install it. For me, that was an additional $95 (although you can probably have it done for less).

Overall, I imagine I'll use this on a regular basis.
Rick
View Profile
Elite user
Va.
452 Posts

Profile of Rick
Wow..my setup costed me less than a dollar..not the pro setup either..It hasn't failed me yet..but hey,Glad you like the product..have fun with it..
gfcal
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of gfcal
I actually did go with a pro setup. It looks great but I clearly paid for it. That said, if you're using this on a regular basis it's probably worth the investment.
Rick
View Profile
Elite user
Va.
452 Posts

Profile of Rick
I hear ya man..have fun.
jrundgren
View Profile
New user
wisconsin
19 Posts

Profile of jrundgren
I pre-orderd one and used it lot untill about a week ago and now it has a bad effect on me and does not work for me. the humidity must be causing it. does anybody else know what I mean
gfcal
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of gfcal
I'm in LA, so not a lot of humidity. I haven't had any issues with mine. I have found that one of the suggestions about water really helps to improve the effect.
nbps05
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of nbps05
Yeah and also when your on dirt do not grab a tree it burns
poprocz
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of poprocz
Quote:
On 2006-07-30 02:16, nbps05 wrote:
Yeah and also when your on dirt do not grab a tree it burns

Yes, but, if you get others touching the tree at the same time and saying something about feeling the life force of the tree you will freak them out when they do feel it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The electric touch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL