The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » RF Remotes for Ipods and Ipod Nanos (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

vmendoza
View Profile
Elite user
Farmingdale. New Jersey
430 Posts

Profile of vmendoza
I stumbled across this at Walmart of all places and snatched it up. Used it tonight for a show and was extremely happy. No problems with distances close to 100 feet away from my Ipod.

Take a look at this link:
http://www.scosche.com/scosche_ipod.aspx?CategoryID=127

Do a google search for lower prices. I'm getting another one for my Ipod Video.

Have fun folks.

Vince Mendoza
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
I had not seen the wrist band before it looks very cool. I have to remotes that I think come from the same company. I called their support line and they helped me reprogram my remotes so they would be on the same channel. I really like the setup and may need that wrist band...

Fitz
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
I have my RF remote hooked to a retractable belt clip where I can easily access all function at all times.

Dan.
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
I went to Walmart to pick one up, and they said that the Walmarts here in Canada don't carry them.

I emailed Scosche to see if they could send me one here in Canada (their ordering site is US-specific). Still awaiting a response.

Brian
Vanish
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Vanish
How is this compared to iJet and Airclick?
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Airclick doesn't have one for Nano yet; don't know anything about iJet.

Scosche responded with a distributor's name that would ship to Canada (PVA Distributors). I ordered one from them ($69.99 including shipping).

They also said Staub Electonics is the exclusive distributor in Canada, and the remotes will soon be available here via Future Shop.

Brian
Vanish
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Vanish
How about ones for regular ipods?
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
There are several remotes for regular Ipods, including Airclick. You'll find several by doing a search in this forum.

Brian
Vanish
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Vanish
Right. How do they all compare to each other?
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Quote:
On 2006-06-22 07:51, Vanish wrote:
Right. How do they all compare to each other?

The answer lies buried in this forum. Seek and ye shall find. Smile

The "Search" feature will help you find most of the answers to these questions.

Brian
Vanish
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Vanish
Yes, but this is the first time the Scosce system had been mentioned. I hoped to have all specs compared on one thread.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I just got my Air Click from Amazon.com for $13 + $5 S&H, and it has a wrist band.
Dennis Michael
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
My Ipod Nano remote arrived today, and I'm loving it! It doesn't have a wristband, but I'm going to hook it up to a retractable belt clip.

It has seven buttons: Forward to next song (or fast forward within song), reverse to previous song, volume down, and up, pause/stop/play, shuffle, and playlist song select.

It's an RF Remote, and will work up to 150 feet away (through walls, etc.).

The cost was $69.95 US, with free shipping to Canada, and the manufacturer is Scosche.com

Brian
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
I believe the Scosche brand is the same carreied at Walmart. I just bought one of those as a back up to my current remote.

Dan.
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Yes, it's the same one. Problem is that the Canadian Walmarts don't carry them. In fact, no store in Canada carries them (Future Shop is preparing to do so). That's why I had to order from the US.

Brian
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Brian -

It looks like The Source by Circuit City in Canada will carry them soon, as well.

SCOSHE IPOD® NANO RF REMOTE WITH BUILT-IN FM TRANSMITTER

This is the model that includes the FM transmitter in the kit.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Thanks for the tip, Donald. That's the thing with technology...you no sooner buy a great gadget, when a new and improved version shows up! Smile

Brian
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
My cheap Air Click will not work on my 5th Generation iPod because my iPod does not have that added slot for the board to connect to.

I just linked to Donald's post and that seem to work for what I want. The pass-through is what I was looking for so it will work with my connection kit. I ready don't need the FM Transmitter.

Dennis
Dennis Michael
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Follow the link in the first post on this thread, Dennis. That will give you full info about Scosche's ipod remote offerings, from their official site. There are versions without the fm transmitter.

Also, see this link to another part of Scosche's site. When there, click on "See how it works."

My link is only to one of their products, being offered on a Canadian electronic retailer's website. I shared the link for Canadian Café members more than anyone else, because Brian shared his experience on this thread about being a Canadian buying one from the U.S.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Dennis,

PVA Distributors supplied me with mine (tpranzatelli@attglobal.net), and they sold it to me for $10.00 less than the Scosche listed price. It cost me $69.99 US, including S/H. You might want to drop him a line.

Brian
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » RF Remotes for Ipods and Ipod Nanos (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL