The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Show No Mercy by Michael Paul (review) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I read 3 E-books in Two days from this guy(THAT IS A BIG THING FOR ME).

The guy is really good and there are a lot of effects that go right in. I love it and cant wait to see more.
Mike.Shots
View Profile
Regular user
Terrell
199 Posts

Profile of Mike.Shots
Hey guys, I'd just like to share with you my opinion on these notes/ebook.

If you're like me, you know your fair share of methods, and you've got plenty of material, so you love to hear and talk about magic theory more than anything. I found that the theory and essays in these notes were insightful and very well written. It's also good to see someone who wants to keep their material in a limited number of hands, rather than sell as many copies as possible, a refreshing change.

Each effect is precursed by a series of When, what, why, where questions, which make the magic logical, and cohesive. This concept is something everyone should do when they publish anything. Too often you read an effect in a book, and that's all they give you, is the effect and the method. To make something truly great, you have to know the psychology behind it, why it works, etc.

As far as the material goes, it's all very fun and very visual. Reality displacement is one of the more creative uses for a Marlo move I've seen in a long time. I'd always fiddled around with the move, but never really used it for anything, and I do now. The advanced handling on the candy opener is so much fun to do, and people love it.
The Flicker change is... interesting. I was ready to dismiss it personally, but I was sitting at an IHOP with a friend of mine when we both tried it, and fell in love with this fantastic piece of trump l'oiel.
The coins across is definitely one of the most enjoyable parts of the text, it's a great new way of doing the coins across plot.

When you buy the download, you not only get the PDF file, but you also get a video showing you what the effects should look like, yet another thing that so many authors just don't include. Luckily, the effects in Show no Mercy are pretty straight forward, but it's still great to see what they should look like in performance, and a quick exposee.

Overall, this is the best set of notes I've ever seen, soley based on how they were put together and produced, the material is just a bonus! It's such a refreshing change to see something SO complete as this, and I really hope to see more of Michael's magic in the future... and for $20 you can't go wrong.

Thankyou so much,
Mike
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Here, here.
dlachance
View Profile
Veteran user
Mississippi
343 Posts

Profile of dlachance
I purchased this manuscript on the hopes that there would be stuff in it that I could use. It has happened in the past that I have purchased notes with a lot of grand methods in them and none I could use in a pratical way.

Let me just say that I found everyone of these effects doable and usable and I will be working them right into my close-up show. Let me also say that I will be going back to purchase the other manuscripts available from Michael Paul.

I am not much of a writer and I have only been performing for a little over a year (ive been serious about magic since 1999, but not performing). Anyway, this leaves me with little experience to write a lengthy eassay on each trick, but do yourself a favor...if you are on the fence trying to decide to drop a $20 on this....just do it.....FLICKER and Flashes to Ashes are worth it alone....and there is sooooo much more.

Dorian
-Dorian LaChance
Mississippi's Favorite Birthday Party Magician and Family Entertainer
www.magicbydorian.com
www.magicalmississippibirthday.com
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Hey Dorian, thanks alot. I'm really glad you liked the notes! All of these pieces come from my own personal act... and I work close up and surrounded in some demanding places. All of the material is usable, depending on your character and performing style. I look forward to hearing how you like the Challenge Card Under Drink notes. Thank you for your business!!!
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
It seems that everyone that has posted here has enjoyed the notes. Thank you all for checking these out. As of 8pm, they will no longer be available. More info to follow.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4451 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
:o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Everyone who doesn't have these get these NOW!!!!!!!!!!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
jezzauk
View Profile
New user
bristol
5 Posts

Profile of jezzauk
Hi Michael,
I have been offline until today and have tried my best to meet the deadline.Have emailed you via your website too.pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease can you sell me one?

regards

jezza
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
I'm sorry Jezza, the booklet is no longer for sale, as a couple of the effects are now slated for big releases with another magic company. I no longer own the rights to them.

I've gotten a ton of emails though asking for a "special" etc, so I might re-write the booklet with a couple of new effects to replace the ones that would be missing. We'll see.

Thanks for the interest though.
tropicalpenguin
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of tropicalpenguin
Ahhh crap.... I really wanted Flicker too.
Are you allowed to divulge if/when this will be coming out again?
-The penguin has spoken Smile

-How could 52 pieces of cardboard ever bring so much joy?
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Depends on the interest... Show No Mercy was in the top three best selling e-books on paypal/payloadz for months, and so I'd imagined that just about everyone that wants a copy has one. But recently I've gotten lots of e-mails asking me to re-release it, which has got me thinking about just removing some of the material, replacing it, and re-releasing it. If anyone is interested, please feel free to drop me an e-mail, pm me, or just post.
jezzauk
View Profile
New user
bristol
5 Posts

Profile of jezzauk
What effects would be taken out?and can you pm/email me as soon as its out?
Many thanks,really gutted

Regards

Jezza
ggarcia
View Profile
Veteran user
San Antonio Tx
388 Posts

Profile of ggarcia
I have simply devestating and love it. I was planning on getting Show No Mercy but I waited too long. why would you remove some items?
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Because, as I said, I've offered to have a couple of the items released as special projects with another magic company... I therefore don't own the rights to that material anymore.

But I can tell you that the releases are going to be NUTS- total "other level" type material.

Sorry to tease you guys, but I couldn't help myself.
jezzauk
View Profile
New user
bristol
5 Posts

Profile of jezzauk
What effects would you have left from snm? are any on your other items?
soz for so many q's about it,just wanna buy:o)
regards

jezza
silverzer0
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of silverzer0
Quote:
But recently I've gotten lots of e-mails asking me to re-release it, which has got me thinking about just removing some of the material, replacing it, and re-releasing it. If anyone is interested, please feel free to drop me an e-mail, pm me, or just post.

Well, I for one can say that I would be interested in a modified re-release. Smile
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
I've re-released these. You can check the website for more details,and a teaser vid.

Mike
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
Why ellutionist...why!?
~joeKing
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
They where willing to put out a high quality release, in full color. No expenses spared. I wrote the entire manuscript as well, which is VERY in depth. I think it has ten different ideas, routines, etc. Including a new card magic plot that's really exciting.
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
I'll probably get it, it's just I hate doing business with ellutionist. But one more question, do you have a release date by any chance?
~joeKing
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Show No Mercy by Michael Paul (review) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL