The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Ian Kendalls Virtual Sessions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I recently placed an order with Ian to purchase a couple of his CD's. He recommended that I subscribe to his "Virtual Sessions" instead. Boy, am I glad he did! This is a great thing. It is a website that contains downloadable files of all four of his CD's as well as many other interesting things.

Currently with a subscription you get access to his "*** Hard Moves Made Easy" instruction. (Cascade Control, Top Shot, Instant Replay/Simple Switch as well as work on one handed, two handed and tabled Faro shuffles).

Also, "Tops,Seconds and Bottoms" which is Ians' teaching on dealing tops,seconds and bottoms from one natural grip. There are also clips teaching some sundry counts and controls.

Additionally, you get access to his entire "Basic Coin Magic" and "Basic (poker) Chip Tricks" video instruction.

Those four items alone are worth well MORE than the cost to join the sessions. Currently there are additional fun clips including a video tutorial of the classic bunco game "Cover The Spot" (the only one of it's kind) and a video lesson on how to properly tie a bow tie! You're not going to find THAT kind of valuable instruction on one magic site anywhere on the World Wide Web!

The plan is to add more sessions as time goes on. I believe Ian has been a bit hesitant to plug the sessions. He does not want to promise new sessions when his schedule may not permit him to devote as much time to putting new material on the site as he might like. But he definately has plans to add more sessions. Including such things as dice stacking and other fun stuff.

I feel that even if nothing else was added to the sessions, the material already included is well worth the cost of joining up. (30 pounds or about 55 US Dollars). Ian is well know for his clear, in depth instruction. Truly, I have not seen more detailed instruction on false dealing than you will find on his "Tops,Seconds and Bottoms" tutorials. And the "*** Hard Moves Made Easy" stuff is just GREAT. I have already begun to make progress on the Cascade Control as well as Instant Replay. The Top Shot and some of the other things will take more time. But the instruction DOES make these tough moves easy. Easy to understand at least. The work involved is up to you, but you will definately have a clear understanding of what you need to do in order to tackle these moves that you may have thought impossible. I haven't even gotten to the coin magic and chip tricks stuff yet!

I'm so glad I joined the virtual sessions. I try to be pretty careful about what I purchase, and what I reccommend to others. But I honestly believe this is a wonderful bargain.

Check out Ians' website here; http://www.virtualmagicshow.com/ (Ian also GIVES away some neat stuff on juggling on his site. I think he should at least move the "Mills Mess" stuff to the sessions. But it's still there for free right now.)

Info on the Virtual Sessions can be seen here; http://www.virtualmagicshow.com/vsession......549544df

Vandy
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
BobGreaves
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
152 Posts

Profile of BobGreaves
I hartily endorse what Vandy Grift has said. Don't be put off by the fact that the filming looks like it has been done in his bedroom at his mum's house; the content quality is excellent. In addition, although I have never met Ian, he seems like an extremely genuine and helpful guy.
Bob
muse
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
926 Posts

Profile of muse
I've had the pleasure of meeting Ian briefly - I ordered the "*** Hard Moves Made Easy" CD, and as he had been away for a few days, and we live in the same city, he offered to meet up and bring me a copy. So, in addition to a offering a pretty unique service through his site, he takes the delivery side of things very seriously, both through his website and as far as his CDs go. Very impressive all round, very much recommended
G_Mcghee
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of G_Mcghee
We had the pleasure of having Ian do a lecture at our local society last night. Such a genuine guy and a good teacher, I came home and ordered Virtual sessions" straight away. If it is half as good as his lecture it will be money well spent!
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Stop reading this thread. just go order!!!
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Ian Kendall is THE MAN! One of the best teachers of magic available today! I have to say that though or he'll give me lines the next time we meet up for wee session! Smile

Dave.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
I'm in the same boat as dave here. Lol
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
740 Posts

Profile of PapaG
I'd just like to second the views expressed here. The Virtual Sessions has been incredible value for money and the level of detail in the teaching would be hard to surpass. Anyone seeking tutorials on false deals should put this first on their list. On your way to mastering these gambling sleights, you'll also acquire a mind-boggling range of eclectic moves and skills.

If Ian puts a quarter of the amount of work into 'Year Two' that's in 'Year One', it'll still be worth twice the asking price.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I just purchased the Virtual Session two weeks ago. Vandy is one of the people here at the Café I respect most, and his recommendation was good enough for me.

However, I had to decide whether to buy one year or two. Ian had a special offer for buying the two years together, so I went ahead and bought both years.

Is it worth it to buy both years?

First, let me say that to buy the Virtual Session year one is perhaps the single best offer in magic today. The combination of information and excellent teaching at a cut rate price is unbelievable. Sure, the filming is cheap. But the instruction is gold.

But Vandy said that already.

How about year two?

Let's put it this way: if year two were offered by itself, it would be more than worth the money. The explanation of razor blade swallowing ALONE is worth the price of admission. But there is so much more that I couldn't begin to say where to begin.

Admittedly, these days there are a lot of people who expect much more: videos with cool music and black and white footage and cool video special effects. OR: videos in which someone preaches at you about your ART. But Ian Kendall's videos are bare bones INSTRUCTION about how to do things...and THAT from the perspective of a seasoned performer.

On the one hand, I'd like to keep Ian's Virtual Session a secret, since I want to use the stuff and I don't want the whole world knowing what's there. But on the other hand I think that Ian should cash in some really big money and a hell of a lot of respect, because he has given the magic world something rarely seen: excellent, real-world instruction without a bunch of extra nonsense, and which is more useful than stuff being sold at ten or twenty times the price.

Ian's stuff is not for everybody. Clever production with B/W footage in the snow and the lated Coldplay stuff backing up some crazy card handling with the newest day-glo retro deck...well, that's just not Ian. Ian relies on his own experience and his ability to teach. It's gold...solid GOLD...but it's for those who understand what gold is.

So...is year two worth it?

Yes.

But buy both years. You will not find, anywhere in the world of magical instruction, a better bargain.

Period.
BiGGoGiBBo
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of BiGGoGiBBo
Ian Kendall is such a down to earth good old fashioned teacher with an real eye for detail. These sessions are amazing value and the content is superb but the key differentiator is Ians ability to teach what he is doing.
Harry Guinness
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Harry Guinness
Just signed up for the Sessions last week. Absolutely loving it. Top notch stuff.

Ian's teaching is some of the best I've seen and the production values the absolute worst! Even with what appears to be a home webcam (correct me if I'm wrong!) Ian manages to show exactly what needs to be shown even if it involves him getting into positions normally seen on other ahem... web shows...

His B***** Hard Moves downloads deserve specific mention, I was able to top shot (to a degree) within 30 seconds of watching the video, despite the fact I'd tried and failed dismally to learn it before.

I would recommend everyone sign up for these. It's a little bit more than the ****e being pumped out containing one or two tricks all over the place and you get so much more.
www.hypno-help.blogspot.com: Signup for the newsletter to get awesome free stuff.

"Harry knows what he's talking about and gives it to you with no filler. I'd give it a 9.5/10." Tyler Kerner
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Ian Kendalls Virtual Sessions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL