The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Question for a friend: Anyone own a PA system by Hisonic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
I have a friend of mine in New York that is looking at getting a new PA system for his school and hypnosis shows. He has his eye on 2 systems made by HiSonic. I have heard of these but have no experience with them at all. He wants something that he can use either a headset or handheld mic. in and the HiSonic has both.

They look like they are very cheap but who knows, maybe not? The price is good at $299.95 and $499.95 but are you getting what you pay for?

He is not a member on the Café' which he needs to be but I told him that I would ask the following questions for him...

1. Any problems with feedback?
2. Does the system cut out during the show like some cheap systems on the market

The models he is interested in are HS321 and HS322

You can go to http://www.hisonic.net for more info.

Any help would be appreciated!
boppies2
View Profile
Elite user
Arizona
422 Posts

Profile of boppies2
Todd,
I have a HSGA10C-Hisonic. Small and inexpensive, I use mine in homes where I perform in a large living rooms, or similar roon. It does the job, but not like my larger systems. I am glad I have it. It is very portable.
Max
hypnoman1
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of hypnoman1
The best system for what you are describing would be a fender passport for around the same amount of money and it is of great quality.
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice.
Joseph Dunninger
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12006 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I have one and it works fine. Paid about $224 for it and only use a handheld mic.
Use it for audiences 100 or more also. Mine is rated at 35 watts per channel.
hypnoman1
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of hypnoman1
35 watts per channel is only good for a small room possibly 30-45 people. Not bad if you are only doing small gigs.
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice.
Joseph Dunninger
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12006 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I disagree, esepecially the small room part. I could blow people out of a small room if I wanted to. It works fine for me and Ive used it for huge auditorium. No complaints and tested it before performance.

That being said, I would go for better quality for auditoriums with a 150 watt system. The sound goes out with my Hisonic but doesn't have the bass I want.
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
Thanks for the replies! I passed on what you all have said so far. All I know is that he wants something lightweight and small. I have tried to sell him on the idea of getting the Portable Buddy system that I currently use. He likes it but always wants to look at others as well before making a decision.
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
Anyone know anything about Califone systems?
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5750 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2006-06-17 06:31, hypnoman1 wrote:
35 watts per channel is only good for a small room possibly 30-45 people. Not bad if you are only doing small gigs.

I fill a room with sound, with my Crate Limo, and there are 120 people in the audience. Besides, I'm only using one speaker and the acoustics in the room are terrible. Not bad for a 50 watt amp, with the volume control on 2.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I found this Hisonic link very interesting and some good prices.

My research on the Califone systems, appear to be high quality and pricy systems used a lot by schools.
Dennis Michael
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3169 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I recently bought a Hisonic AUR210 Amplifier and AUT210 transmitter/mic combo. I'm still in the process of testing it out, but I gotta say, from initial tests it's working out to be the best deal for the $ (under 200$us with shipping) I've seen in a long time.

The specs:
Rechrgable DC 12v. 1.9 amp battery (probably about 8 hours service)
weight: 2.6kg -very portable
AF Output power: 20 watt
32 channel uhf reception Pll synthesized (integrated IR signal lock with the thansmitter)
effective range 200' +/-

The fidelity is good, very little problem with feedback. I'm certainly no techie, and I just use this PA for my street performance- but so far I'm loving it and would recomend this one to anyone who does street performance in a sidewalk show or a circle.
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12006 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
After years of my Hisonic 35 watt portable, I noticed that some rooms I get too much feedback and distortion and have to turn it off and go without amplification.

I change the battery in the mic, ensure I do not stand close to amp etc.

I usually use the house mic so I find it hard to justify the expense of buying a new system only to have distortion again. Anyone have any suggestions? Hisonic has served me well (when no distortion if found).

I will not give up on Hisonic. It may be Im doing something wrong. I am playing with it in the house right now and I turned the VOLUME down, it seemed to stop the distortion. Does this make sense?

See I am always running late and when I test it out at a show, it seems to work fine at the time but when I do hear distortion, its too late to keep messing with it once the show has begun. I will arrive early, start to set up, a quick mic check and go on. Guess I need to spend more time with the mic. Perhaps it is toying with me. Pretending to work before the show then dissing me during the performance.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12006 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Well tonight I set it up in a 1200 sq ft room at a fancy hotel and it worked wonderfully. I kept the mic volume low but probably could have turned it up louder. I had it set up on the opposite side of the room.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Question for a friend: Anyone own a PA system by Hisonic? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL