The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Trickery by David Forrest (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Hi all

just had a look on david's website and noticed he is producing a new of his material, this sure looks good

Does anyone know if this material is brand new or does it contain some of his marketed effects?
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I think it has some marketed effects. Looks that way from the demo.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
How long untll the release ?
dave?
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Hi folks,

There has been a delay on the release of the DVD (isn't there always?) and I expect delivery within the next week or so. I have seen a completed product and I must say they look great. We put a lot of effort into these and I think it really shows.

Here is a run down of the effects:

Disc 1
Wallop - About to start his set, the magician reaches into his ordinary, every day, hip pocket wallet and produces a complete, un-gimmicked deck of cards!

Ace-capade - The first effect immediately goes awry as an attempt to find an Ace goes wrong! With a flourish, the wrong card becomes an Ace as, instantaneously, the other three Aces are also produced.

Blind Lemon Aces - Jack Carpenter generously allowed Dave to include this power-house Ace effect on the DVD. Dave says: "It's one of the best, most direct, card tricks I've ever come across. It makes you feel like a real magician!"

Ace Collectors: The Aces are lost into the deck which is then shuffled face up into face down. The whole deck rights itself except the three Aces, which have 'collected' the three mates of a signed selection. The signed selection is then removed from the magicians pocket!

Assembled with a Twist: An assembly effect with a kicker! After the four of a kind has assembled one of them switches places with a signed selection in the deck!

Hypnotic Cut: A simple, in the hands false cut. You'll find yourself doing it over and over and over and over….

On Holemeal: A simply stunning sandwich effect. The signed card visually arrives between the two sandwich cards, one of which has a large hole cut in it! The spectators actually SEE the card materialise. Get your hole-cutter ready, you're going to use this!

Grassbox: Gimmick your card case in a head-slappingly simple way! You may now clearly read any information written on a business card and placed into the card case.

Bil-ink: Signed Bill to Marker Cap. No fumbling, switching or any funny business. Vanish the bill, find it in the marker cap! A ridiculously direct effect!

Glazed and Confused: Card Through Window - Miniaturised! A selected card VISUALLY jumps through the cellophane of the card case without the use of gimmicks!

BONUS. Revolution Colour Change: A super visual change where one card appears to instantly 'morph' into another.

Disk 2
Convention Triumph: This two phase triumph routine FLOORS spectators! Performed to a tale of two warring magicians, this is a piece of 'miniature theatre' that you will LOVE to perform!

Take Note: A new, 'slim-line' handling of a real visual favourite from Dave's old notes. The performer draws a card the spectator is thinking of then, as an afterthought, changes the drawing into the actual card!

Moth Cut: A two handed false cut. As Dave says: "I think of it as an 'ugly cousin' of the Butterfly Cut." Two handlings included.

Flying Cut: A flourishy false cut that involves one of the packets flying through the air!

Pip Trip: A pip is removed from one card and dropped onto another changing it into a previously selected card. Killer, off the cuff magic in the spectators hands!

Boxing Clever: Two minutes of prep to an ordinary matchbox and you will be performing the classic 'Card to Matchbox' routine in a exceptionally clean fashion!

Queekers: Admitting to occasionally cheating at cards, the magician proceeds to change four Queens back to their original form, wild Jokers! Then comes the kicker!

Burger Kings: Four Kings vanish one at a time and re-appear face up in the center of a face down deck flanking a previously selected card!

Coins in the Glass. Three coins travel through a deck of cards, falling into the glass below. Well, almost...the last coin gets 'stuck' and reveals a spectators signed selection in an incredibly bizarre manner!

Shotgun CTP: Four selections are shuffled into the deck. Instantly, three of them are removed from three different pockets, the fourth is nowhere to be found. With a snap the entire deck vanishes and the fourth selection is produced from thin air!

BONUS. Tenkai Control: This control caused much conversation when Dave used it in an on-line demo video. Here, he finally tips the work!

Stay tuned. TRICKERY will be released in the VERY near future!

Dave.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
I am very interested in the dvd, how long before they will be ready again?
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Sounds good....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Dave, what's the difference between 'Glazed and Confused' and 'Sanctum'?
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1357 Posts

Profile of bekralik
My guess would be Sanctum involves a clever gimmick vs. the non-gimmicked one on his dvd. This sounds like a great dvd.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Can we pre-order this dvd?
Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1101 Posts

Profile of Nash
Although I've never met the man, Dave Forrest' materials never disappoint me.
Quote me, whatever, but anything from Dave Forrest is bound to go into your repretoire.

holla back
I teach leaders the magic of curiosity and empathetic communication. keynote Speaker | Seattle magician
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Hi there,

The DVD should be ready to ship within the next week or two. We won't be taking any pre-orders on this I'm afraid.

Logan, Sanctum involves gimmicks and is almost self working. Glazed and Confused is gimmick free (nearly!) and relies on some sleight of hand. Plus, with GAC the entire card penetrates the cellophane. There is a very short clip of the 'magic moment' in GAC in the Trickery trailer which you can see at my website.

Nash, so nice of you to say so. Thanks man.

Dave.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I love Dave's work!!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
silverzer0
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of silverzer0
David,

Do you have a price set for this yet?
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
A review in the most recent issue of Magicseen magazine has prompted us to begin taking pre-orders. 'Trickery' the DVD will ship on the 11th of September. For those who have been asking about pre-orders you can now place yours at the website, just click my signature.

Many thanks,

Dave.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Can you post the review from the magicseen magazine?
ozman
View Profile
Loyal user
Tenbury Wells, UK
272 Posts

Profile of ozman
Ere we go rockers - you can read it here:

http://www.spocmagic.com/TRICKERY_Reviews.htm
ozman
View Profile
Loyal user
Tenbury Wells, UK
272 Posts

Profile of ozman
Actually - there is a better quality version at:

http://www.full52.com/

look at the top of the first page!
ozman
View Profile
Loyal user
Tenbury Wells, UK
272 Posts

Profile of ozman
Actually - there is a better quality version at:

http://www.full52.com/

look at the top of the first page!
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
884 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
You got my order , Dave....You know I love your stuff....Cant wait for this!!!
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Hi folks,

Just a short note to let you know that the DVD is finally in stock and available to buy at the website!

Also, you can view an entire performance clip from the DVD of 'Glazed & Confused', one of my methods for 'Mini Card thru Window'!

Click the link in my signature to view the clip!

Thanks,

Dave.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Trickery by David Forrest (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL