The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Where's a good source for crocheted balls? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Wes_The_Magnificent
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Wes_The_Magnificent
I'd like to start an inventory of chop cup balls. Where can a fellow find the crocheted balls online?

Thanks!
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24243 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Jake does have some nice ones. You can also get some balls from Morrissey http://www.morrisseymagic.com

Never hurts to have extra suppliers!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1059 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
Salut!

Here's a good place to find some nice muscades:

http://www.danis-muscades.com/muscades.htm

Hope this helps...
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24243 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
These French balls do look very nice. The place to order the balls from depends on where you are located. They are considerably more expensive than the balls from Morrissey, for example. So, if you are in the US or Canada, the Morrissey balls are more practical.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

James Alan
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
678 Posts

Profile of James Alan
I second the Morissey's recomendation. I got all of my balls from them (before I switched to the Mike Rogers baseballs). Fantastic selection of sizes and colours - you can even get multicoloured
James Alan

Magic & Martini | Blog | Facebook
fortasse
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of fortasse
The balls from Sherwood Magic in England are simply amazing in terms of weight (heavy), ease of manipulation, and aesthetic appeal. They really are fantastic. The only possible drawbacks are cost (about $40 plus cost of mail from England)and size (bit on the large side). Of all the balls I've used to date, these are the best (as are the cups from the same source!)

Fortasse
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5723 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2006-06-11 10:21, Doug Arden wrote:
http://www.rnt2.com

I second that. If you need a ball that you can adjust to work with a specific chop cup, these are the ones to get.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13384 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I have some from rnt2 as well and they are great.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Carlos Hampton
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of Carlos Hampton
I bought a set of the French ones and they are outstanding. Very nice and made to order. I think they we abot 15 bucks or so, but these are gourgeous in red with silver thread.
Highly recommended
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24243 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
They still have not put up their pages in English and Spanish. They should do that, because it is costing them sales.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I just found a (fantastic!?!?) source.

My daughter and I went to the local mall to hang out. We walked into a store called "Earthbound Trading Company". All kinds of earthy stuff, like rain sticks (hollow sticks with beads inside that sound like rain), natural jewelry, etc...

I have seen this store before in another mall, so malls seem to be the only place to find them. There is one other store that is similar,

We see these necklaces that have crocheted balls on them - all around 3/4 - 7/8 inch. Most of them have at least 2-3 sets of 4 balls of the same color. For example, one necklace might have 4 pink, 4 blue, 4 red, 4 multicolored, etc.... Colors I have not seen available in crocheted C&B balls.

I was really surprised. My daughter and I immediately recognized them as cups and balls balls. All you would need to do is cut the line that holds the balls onto the necklace, unthread it, and you are good to go.

Check your local mall listings.

Mark
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
941 Posts

Profile of cfrye
Hi Mark,

Great lead! There doesn't appear to be an Earthbound Trading Company store in my area, though. Do you know the exact name of the product? If I order a necklace or two over the phone, I'd like to know what to ask for so I don't take up too much of the clerk's time.

Curt
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1300 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Try earing boutiques ...I have seen them there now that you mention it....My duaghters shop all the time at the mall.
Mobius
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Curt,

I don't have a name, but they are on necklaces, so if you ask for the necklaces with crocheted ball that would (I would guess) do the trick.

These balls are not really any different than you might find from a magic shop - just in some colors I have never seen before.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1300 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Chop balls should be availabe at any good brick and morter shop.
If not try the advice given so far as well as looking at the magic dealers on the all magic guide.
Steven's Magic Emporium
Hank Lee's
Murphy's
All of them should have some kind of stock chop balls...I used to work in a magic shop and they were all over the place in the shop.
People who perform regularly have a tendency to lose them at times. One guy worked in a bar and they kept rolling under the 2000# Beer Fridge, he bought a lot of chop balls and regular ones once he was doing cups and balls.
Later,
Mobius
quickhands
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of quickhands
How about 1/2" crocheted balls? I am looking for some replacements for my mini cups.

QH.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Where's a good source for crocheted balls? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL