The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Balloon animal books? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vilago
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Vilago
Anyone have recommendations for a great, all-around book on balloon-bending?
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
I think I would go with a video. There are a lot out there. Go to Tmyer.com or balloon hq.com. Do searches for the right url. They will help a lot. All I have is video's So I can't say what book to get.
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Hi,
I would say the opposite to Flourish dude.
It is much easier to learn balloon sculptures from a book as long as you start at the beginning and learn the BASIC TWISTS FIRST there are only a few.

On the video's the twisters hands get in the way and it is a real pain to try and back up the tape /dvd if your hands are full of balloon. Good books normaly have a photo of the finnished product and line drawings of the twists along with explainations. once you are confident line drawings are sufficient and you would not normally need to read the expo.

Choice of books. some my favorites and value for money are Captin Visual books check out Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search......-1712635
as magic dealers generally charge more.
Phillip
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
It is not difficult to learn basic balloon ties. The quickest way is to meet with someone in your local SAM or IBM club and ask him to show you. That is what these clubs are for, to learn our art and profession and a variety of other entertaining aspects of Magic

Even Balloon HQ teaches this on their site and it is a start without costing you anything.

The videos I got teach me how to make masterpieces NOT a dog, cat, mouse, snake, sword, or any of the easy stuff which is requested most of the time.

Now here is a great website at Balloon Hqs for making a Rabbit.
Dennis Michael
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
PB,
I just don't have any books so I had to talk about videos. I know what you talking about stop, rewind, play, stop, rewind, play sometime very flusterating.
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
Vilago
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Vilago
Gentlemen, thanks for the help, it was exactly what I was looking for.
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
I have a life, or I would have more than
366 Posts

Profile of nums
For the best in basic balloons (One balloon per sculpture) Try anything by the man. That would be Marvin Hardy.

JEFF
TheMagical1
View Profile
New user
Dublin, Ireland
52 Posts

Profile of TheMagical1
Exactly what type of things do you want to make?
If you want to be able to make cartoon characters I would recommend CARTOON BALLOON ENCYCLOPEDIA by Ken Stillman.

Michael A. Smile

Also if you can get David Grists Videos I would strongly recommend these! There are at now 9 of them and they cover everything from the basics to more difficult balloon sculptures! To check out his stuff try http://www.tmyers.com/video/grist.html these should point you in the right direction.

Micahel A. Smile
Sleight of Mind:- "A Great Place to Stop for a Break from Reality!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Balloon animal books? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL