The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Dramatic Entrance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The Boy Apprenticed To An Enchanter
by
Padraic Colum

http://www.lib.rochester.edu/CAMELOT/columboy.htm

I read that story which I mentioned in another topic, but this is another point that the story caused me to ponder, which is the dramatic entrance of the magician. That lead me to find this rather interesting article which is coincidently titled:
“The Enchanting Entrance”
by.
Michael Matson

http://www.online-visions.com/mymagic/0402mm.html

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on this subject.

Tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
accolombel
View Profile
New user
seattle
82 Posts

Profile of accolombel
I liked the article and was thought provoking. I could see by entering the stage or moving to your table in a commanding fashion would grab the attention of the audience. I had not heard before the terms (water,earth,fire and air walking). Although, walking on stage in a confident manner with good and open posture, is also recomended by others, such as in business, speach making, meeting people in consulting, facilitation to name a few. So I could see how that type of movment advice would also work in magic performance. Presence is everything and your first impression sets the tone.
I hope this was not too much of a ramble.

Craig
craig colombel
tanselkaya
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of tanselkaya
I think even if the magician doesn't appear in a magical way, it should be unique in some way and mark the start of the "show". If the magician enters as a regular person and starts his show afterwards transforming into a magician, the overall effect is reduced. This can be compared to a clown's entrance to a birthday party. Kids are much less entertained if the the clown dresses up in front of them. Similarly another important point is the exit. If the magic disappears so should be the magician.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Dramatic Entrance (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL