The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Newspaper restoration question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

evanthx
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
197 Posts

Profile of evanthx
I haev a really nice routine I use in my show that involves tearing up a sheet of newspaper. Normally I just tear it up and end up with a big ball of newspaper pieces of different sizes, and at the end I throw it out.

However, it would be nifty to take that big ball of wadded up papers and restore them. I've been playing with methods, but there are so many excellent routines for restored papers that I wondered if one of them would work best. I've been reading threads on the Café, but what I can't tell from the threads is whether or not any existing marketed routines would work with my big ball of wadded newspaper.

I can do different things with the pieces instead of wadding them up, but my hands are occupied so I can't do much (normally I have a child hold the parts and wad them up for me, which prevents newspaper bits from going all over the living room.) So ideally I'd like to take the paper from the child and restore it. I'm figuring so far that I'll have the restored paper in my table, grab it when I put something else down and just add it to the wadded paper when I take it from the child...which leaves figureing out how to hide that wadded ball once the paper is restored without dropping any pieces. Smile Thus the curiosity about whether marketed effects can handle this situation or not.

Thanks for any advice!
Xpilot
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
464 Posts

Profile of Xpilot
Quote:
So ideally I'd like to take the paper from the child and restore it. I'm figuring so far that I'll have the restored paper in my table, grab it when I put something else down and just add it to the wadded paper when I take it from the child...which leaves figureing out how to hide that wadded ball once the paper is restored without dropping any pieces.

If you can continue holding the original ball long enough, just switch them and leave the original instead of in the table instead of adding the other one.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
I PM'd you.

J
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Newspaper restoration question (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL