The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Designing a website... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EvanTheMagicMan
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of EvanTheMagicMan
Does anyone here know of some good sites wher you can make a website for free and still be able to upload videos on it? Here is my dilemna, I need to make a site, for FREE, and I also need to be able to upload videos to it. Thanks for your help.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
It's hard to get something for nothing. Your best bet is to do your free site, wherever you can, and post your videos on YouTube. YouTube provides a link that you can paste into your site.

Hosting is dirt cheap now. For about $6-10 a month you can have a fully functional site complete with some pretty decent file storage capacity.

Or, if you have a high speed connection and you're not doing it commercially, pay a dollar or two more to your ISP for a fixed IP address. That way your home computer can operate as your web server as well.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
I agree.
There are some free sites out there.
But there a lot of annoying popup ads.
If you really need it to be free, you can check out geocities
Neil_Brown
View Profile
Regular user
England
150 Posts

Profile of Neil_Brown
Quote:
pay a dollar or two more to your ISP for a fixed IP address

Or, if you don't want to pay this, use your dynamic IP address (mine changes infrequently; generally only when I shut down my router) and the dynDNS.com service.

You can use FreeWebs as a way of getting a free site, but, you'd need to host the videos elsewhere. If you plan on offering lots of videos, then, unless you are prepared to use something like YouTube, it's going to be expensive, as streaming can gobble up usage allocations quickly. If you go for a commercial hosting option, check the terms of your contract, as some hosts prohibit media streaming because of the high upload.
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
Or you can pay for a decent, properly designed website so people will take you seriously Smile
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
A lot of people don't realize their ISP provides space for their users and their sites. I would check into that.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
Ditto...most, is not all, ISP provide at least 10 MB of free space on their servers. You can get online free HTML editors and FTP programs to upload your content.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Designing a website... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL