The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Good video for learning the Ambitious Card? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
JohnCressman
View Profile
Special user
Allentown, PA
903 Posts

Profile of JohnCressman
Can anyone recommend a good video (DVD) for learning the Ambitious Card? Being dyslexic, I have an extremely difficult time learning anything from written instructions. Video or live instruction are my preferred learning methods.
benrkay
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of benrkay
Ive got daryls Ambitious Card dvd and its grate and I'm dyslexic
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
I second Daryl's DVD, very good stuff.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
I third the above gentlemen's choice of Daryl's video/DVD on the Ambitious Card.

Peo
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
mortonch
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of mortonch
Ive got Daryl as well and it is worth investing in!
-Chris-
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
Daryl's DVD is great... here's some more thoughts on it...

Ambitious Card - Daryl

and http://www.magictalk.com/cgi-bin/reviews.cgi?read=437
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
John,

I suggest you check out the Tommy Wonder Lecture. Not too many moves like Daryl but he has some great thoughts on the ACR.

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Steve Draun on his video draun on dice, has an escellent routine for the ACR,
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
The best is defenately: crash course vol.2 by ellusionist. yes yes, most magicians doesn't like ellusionist, nonetheless itis by far the best. but I agree with the others too. darly's video is also absolutely great! I recommend both verry highly. on a scale from 1-10 crash course vol.2 is 1, and daryl is 2. so it is not such ab ig difference.
crash course has alooot real people stuff, veryyy etailed description for moves and so on. brad is a very good teacher for this. in addition you get a great lesson for the push off dl and so on and so on. he even got caught on time and handles it great.
one big point for daryl: he teaches a nice packet switch. and he has a killer ending for ac ending, but it reqires a gimmick which doesn't come with the dvd and must be purchased seperately.

have fun!

Jah

p.s. no, crash course 1 is not about ac!
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Cody Fisher
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Cody Fisher
I agree with memory-jah. I loved that video and it helped me a lot. Good luck.

Cody
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
I also agree with Daryl. Good stuff. Also, if you are a begginer to card magic, I highly recommend Oz Pearlmans "Born to Perform Card Magic"
I don't know how many times I have recommended that DVD here on the Café, but its worth the money. (IF you are a beginner.)
And Crash Course vol1 & 2 from ellusionist, and their ambitious card videos look good as well. So I don't disagree with Memory-Jah.
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Oh, and don't forget Royal Road to card Magic, Expert Card Technique, and Card College. If your not dyslexic.
Rinse
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Rinse
"Born To Perform Card Magic" is good, but it covers more than just the ambitious card, so it doesn't go into it in as much depth as "Crash Course 2" or Daryl's video. I own one and have seen the other and think they're both good videos on the topic, so another vote for both here. Smile
JohnCressman
View Profile
Special user
Allentown, PA
903 Posts

Profile of JohnCressman
Thank for all the replies! It looks like Daryl's is majorities choice, so I'll be ordering it. Hehe... I wonder if I can pull it off with three weeks of practice! Bah... who needs sleep anyway!
Deluzion
View Profile
Loyal user
217 Posts

Profile of Deluzion
If you are interested in hardcore ACR, try ray kosby's DVD Impossible Card Magic.

I second daryl acr
Deluzion
andre combrinck
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
953 Posts

Profile of andre combrinck
The Visions of Wonder by Tommy Wonder and On the Loose by Bill Malone has excellent versions of the Ambitious Card routine.
AJ
magicbar
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of magicbar
Daryl's is the most thorough, not just routines, but pieces and steps to build your own routines that fit your style
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Quote:
On 2006-06-16 23:43, Deluzion wrote:
If you are interested in hardcore ACR, try ray kosby's DVD Impossible Card Magic.

I second daryl acr

hehe but this might be way too hard. it still drives me crazy. I hope one day I will be able to do it. but this is like getting tommy wonders stuff on acr or bill Malones or whatsoever. these are just single acr and nothing more. or just versions. this is not really an instruction video only for this thing. so I only recommend rash course 2 and daryls.

@JohnCressman: I see you want to go with daryl: trust me, start with crash course vol 2. Smile
and be prepared for more than 3 weeks hehe. it might even take longer to get a great dl! and since an acr is veeeeery flexible, maybe the most flexible of all routines in card magic, you will learn or find yoursel tons (bleive me when I say tons) of new and or other mthods for your acr! so 3 weeks woon't do it. some moves you maybe come across with are even so difficult that they will take ages to learn. best example is the ambitious riser. tommy wonders card fold takes a lot of practise too, and so on. however, I wish you a lot of fun as we all have with this wonderful piece of magic. don't give up and much success!

Jah
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Mago Gregorio
View Profile
Elite user
Paris, France
473 Posts

Profile of Mago Gregorio
Daryl's video is by far the most complete I know about the AC. Check also for a nice version M Ammar ETMCM vol 2
Smile Smile Smile
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
If you just want to learn the Ambitious Card, then I agree with most other posters that Daryl's DVD is probably the most thorough work on the subject.

Another great AC routine is Alain Nu's "Spambitious."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Good video for learning the Ambitious Card? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL