The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » What is the name of this trick ............... ?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Can anybody tell me what is the name of this trick?

Hank Lee used to sell it few years back and the effect goes like this, The magician removes a deck of cards from his pocket. Around the box is a rubber band. Commenting about keeping track of his deck of cards he folds a round sticker on the rubber band and asks the spectator to help by signing his initials on the sticker. The magician removes the rubber band from the box causing the rubber band and sticker to vanish. The card box is opened and the deck removed to find the rubber band and initialed sticker has penetrated the box and wrapped itself around the deck.
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Thank you very much Neo.
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
That is a pretty cool effect.
I used to perform it a lot.
you should get it , it is worth it Smile

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I've seen pretty much the same trick (without the box) in (I think) one of the Art of Astonishment books. Or Kenner's. I can't find it now as I don't own either of those any more.

Basically this version has the marked rubber band vanish from around the deck and reappear around a single selected card in the middle of the deck. As you can imagine, you need a rather stretchy band to do this.

I'm just mentioning this in case you already have it on your bookshelf somewhere.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
David Acer has a nice one in his book using a wallet.Very nice effect!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » What is the name of this trick ............... ?? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL