The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Manipulation Act - Stephane Vanel (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Eduardo
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of Eduardo
This is a nice card manipulation act from Stephane Vanel...

youtube.com
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Yeah! Super! Super! Stephane is not only good at what he does but as you can see, brings music and a certain sex appeal to his performance. Interesting combination that works!

Last year, I purchased a DVD on Stephane's manipulation. I asked around here if anyone was familiar with him or his work and any comments. No one seemed to know what I was talking about much. Strange.

Yes he's fun to watch.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Proving that dancing lessons may be more important than card moves.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I also have his DVD. Some good work!

Ray
Eduardo
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of Eduardo
Randy, What do you think about his DVD? Maybe I will buy it.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Well, I originally bought it when it was being sold as having 'Jumbo Card Manipulation', but I found no material on such within the DVD! None.

The rest covered standards in card manipulation. Sort of a Latin McBride, I guess. Smile

Quote:
On 2006-06-16 13:56, Pete Biro wrote:
Proving that dancing lessons may be more important than card moves.

Yeah. They cut away to the face of a gal in the audience. She looks like she's trying to look unimpressed but can't disguise the look that says "Take me home with you and now! Hay Papi!".
Thommy Razor
View Profile
Regular user
Colorado
137 Posts

Profile of Thommy Razor
I just saw him perform in "La Femme" at MGM Grand in Vegas. Very impressive manipulation! The rest of the show scared the crap out of me though.
Beer bottle pocket.
I don't mean to be cryptic. If you've seen it, ya know what I mean.
Cheers!
"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you." Dr. Konklin, Konklin Mattresses
www.myspace.com/RazorInc
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
What? He stole a beer bottle from his pocket? That's not the only way to do it and if he's having trouble fooling others, he should try a different method.
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
I have no idea what to say.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Hehehe, just roll with it baby, just roll with it.
NickJegor
View Profile
Elite user
Lithuania
466 Posts

Profile of NickJegor
GREAT, I LIKE THAT!
Like the style of it.
Nikolajus Jegorovas
Kaunas, Lithuania
Web: http://www.nicholaskin.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I purchased his DVD also, but it does not tell how to do the Giant Card Fans or productions. Just tips on how to hold the cards, not much instructions or detail given.

As for the video refered to above, this is, from a magic performance standpoint very poor manipulations. It seems he has decided to showcase his body and not magic.

Is this the same guy that put out the DVD, the guy on the DVD was much thinner and does not look anything like the guy on the video.
maylor
View Profile
Loyal user
england
231 Posts

Profile of maylor
Hmm, personally I'm not really struck by that clip. Just doesn't look very magical to me. Each to our own though!
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Quote:
On 2006-06-20 10:54, wmhegbli wrote:

Is this the same guy that put out the DVD, the guy on the DVD was much thinner and does not look anything like the guy on the video.

I thought he looked a bit larger as well but it's the same name Bill. I assume it's the same performer and also recognize a couple of the four card productions in this clip as I did in the DVD.

The problem I had with the DVD was it covered productions found in other card manipulation instructionals. Nothing wrong with that but when McBride has pretty much covered it all, no sense in doing it again as it's wasted money for those of us who look into it.

Bill you say you found the jumbo card productions on the DVD? Well I must be an idiot with this remote but could find nothing on the menu and throughout. This despite the table of contents mentioning Jumbo Card productions. But to hear that there was no instuructional on the Jumbo productions would of disappointed me as well.

Well we can call it another approach and style to card manipulation that seems to work for a few.
Thommy Razor
View Profile
Regular user
Colorado
137 Posts

Profile of Thommy Razor
Quote:
On 2006-06-16 21:13, RandyStewart wrote:
What? He stole a beer bottle from his pocket? That's not the only way to do it and if he's having trouble fooling others, he should try a different method.

I'm sorry, too cryptic.
He did a card manipulation act only, and it was very well done, even if I've seen almost the identical act twenty five thousand times. My reference to "Beer bottle pocket" was a routine one of the burlesque girls did. "La Femme" was supposed to be a sexy type revue thing, but it's not sexy. It's frightening. If NOT for Stephan Vanel, I would have ran out of there within the first ten minutes and called my mother for moral support. Don't get me wrong, I like sexy girl shows, just this one in particular is.... Frickin weird.
Cheers!
"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you." Dr. Konklin, Konklin Mattresses
www.myspace.com/RazorInc
Daveandrews
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
723 Posts

Profile of Daveandrews
I thought I had posted the comment that SV's act was a bad copy of Laurent Beretta. Maybe it didn't 'catch the post' or was deleted, so I'll try again!
I'm talking about the presentation, by the way, not the content.

Best of,

Dave
http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk

Winner of KIDabra International's 'People's Choice Award'
Winner IBM British Ring Dittia Shield for manipulation x 2
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Hi Dave!

Great to see you again. I finally saw Beretta's video clip and WOW! That guy is smooth! He had my head swimmin' with envy. And I did notice a couple of the four card productions in both SV and Beretta's clips and wondering if one was copying the other? Oh well.
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
Why not just Dance? Too much movement for a subtle art form. Not for me.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Quote:
On 2006-06-20 20:13, cardone wrote:
Why not just Dance ........ to much movement for a subtle art form ..... not for me......

I think I might of initially thought the same thing but for now just enjoying the sideshow. I guess I liked Vanelle's music selection. Oye! Oye!
Daveandrews
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
723 Posts

Profile of Daveandrews
Hi Randy, I'm still recycling the salt!! How is the video going?

I saw Beretta at the IBM in Southport last year, and spoke to him the following day. He is a genuinely nice guy. In performance, I much prefer the 'smoother' movements of Beretta to Vanel's jerks - but whatever floats one's boat I guess.

Keep safe, Randy.

Dave
http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk

Winner of KIDabra International's 'People's Choice Award'
Winner IBM British Ring Dittia Shield for manipulation x 2
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Manipulation Act - Stephane Vanel (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL