The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » The Road To Dove Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nitemares666
View Profile
New user
Michigan
46 Posts

Profile of nitemares666
I would like to get into to dove magic but I don't know how to start where or what to look for any advise ?
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I would recommend starting by meeting people who do dove magic. Remember that the shows are the short parts. Most of the time you will simply have to live with doves! Not everyone can.

Good Luck!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
509 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
Well I wish could meet people that do dove magic around me. No magician near me here is Saratoga. I would love to move to that field but no one to help me.
mike
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Mike,

It may not be as bad as you think. My wife Lucy is from up there. And she does dove magic with me. Ask around. We did seven shows up there in September. There is a lot of magic there and especially among the Kodak folks. Remember that Marie Blood (Houdini's neice) was from Hilton, NY.

Good Luck!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Nitemares, before you make the leap, get as much reasearch material as you can. This has been discussed many times here and some of the best sources are

Tony Clarks, Unmasked, Unmasked II and Behind the seams
Andy Amyx, doves 101
Genreral Grants, how to make a living stealing...doves of course
Chavez, encyclopedia of dove magic
Greg Frewin, complete course in dove magic (a little pricey but well worth it)

All of these will tell you exactly what to expect, what is involved, and how to train and care for your birds. Viewing all of that material, you can decide if dove magic is for you. It takes a lot of dedication, time and patience.

If you do a search in this forum, you'll find that most of your dove questions have been answered at least once.
Where the magic begins
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
I'm not a dove expert yet, but I can tell you for sure that Tony Clark's (I own both book and DVDs) and Chavez's are great because those are what I learned from. Nothing can beat a dove lecture or a real life teacher, though.
Jarana
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Jarana
I would say that if you like animals and like magic, start of my getting your self a dove, try to get a female one- cooing should be less or none- then first start to tame it, feel comfortable holding it and let the dove get a little comfortable with you, doves do not need much to get tamed- and can get used to most props pretty fast.
Training comes in once you want to teach it how to fly back to your hand, here , like most people I will also recommend Tony Clark's videos.

Jaime
Got a website? We can help--> www.clorus.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » The Road To Dove Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL