We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Ball and Cone on Video/DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
SAM library has a tape of Vernon doing it..Howard
Torkova
View Profile
Regular user
Astoria, NY
192 Posts

Profile of Torkova
I also saw Vernon at one of his farewell lectures for Herb Zarrow's club in New Jersey around 1978. I asked him if he could do it and he said he didn't have it with him. He said that Ganson wanted a routine without holders so the "guys" could do it just out of their pockets. He added that the routine in the book was not really good because of that.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
How does the time frame of the $1000 lecture tour and the one Torkova mentions compare to the recording of the "Revelations" video?

Torkova,
When are you going to let us take a peek at your routine again???
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24280 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The $1000 lecture tour was about 1975 or 1976. The Revelations videos were in the 1980's.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
In one of Senor Mardo's books, I believe there is a clever ball/cone type routine with the papar cone from inside a cone of string.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Quote:
On 2007-04-26 20:43, Pete Biro wrote:
In one of Senor Mardo's books, I believe there is a clever ball/cone type routine with the papar cone from inside a cone of string.

...I think that's the one in Mardo's book 'The Cups and Balls'.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
plungerman
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of plungerman
I've been through the Torkova book and tape. You can really get all you need from the Ganson book and other sources. I used to use the move to put the suprize load ball back into the cup at the end of the (name escapes me) solid wood one cup routine. This always got a better reaction when the solid wood cup was finally handed out.

Learn the move and make yourself a routine.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Take a look at this clip of Larry Jennings performing Cup and balls. Pay close attention to the vanish of the final load. Look familiar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ic9qpdN478
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Torkova
View Profile
Regular user
Astoria, NY
192 Posts

Profile of Torkova
My routine (which I don't plan to re-release at this point) was a combination of the Vernon/Ganson routine and the two ball transposition in a glass by Mohammed Bey in the original stars of magic. So, yes, if you can master the basic move from the Ganson book, that is the foundation of any sort of routine you can come up with. The basic move (vanish of the ball from under the cone) done well is very magical.
nornb
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of nornb
Hello Dave VanVranken,
Larry Jennings produced the cup from a Headscarf/silk in the YouTube video (my computer didn't play it well - jumpy!).

I have never seen this before - do you know if it is written up somewhere?

Thanks.
Norn
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13415 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
It's in "the classic magic of larry jennings" along with many wonderful card tricks, coin tricks, etc.

http://www.theambitiouscard.com/details.......LASSICMA
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
TheMage
View Profile
New user
Corvallis Oregon
3 Posts

Profile of TheMage
George Millward has a teaching video. I think I got the dvd and the leather cone through the Norm Nielson website (www.nnmagic.com). Suitable balls were available too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Ball and Cone on Video/DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL