The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Steve Shuftons Emergency Cash (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2006-07-03 02:24, CoinMan21 wrote:
Spelt is British, spelled is American.
Same as Colour and Color.

I don't know....... definition of spelt: hardy wheat grown mostly in Europe for livestock feed .... Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
CoinMan21
View Profile
Elite user
China
442 Posts

Profile of CoinMan21
There are 2 meanings.
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Y2John, thanks for the nice review.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I would definitely go with the post it note glue idea...I've used that before.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Is post-it note glue readily available?....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Try repositional glue stick.
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1479 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Y2John, thanks for the review - a question though.

Compared to coin in nest of boxes, where a signed coin vanishes from a silk, and a ppears inside a nest of 4 messing boxes I have a question. In the nest of boxes you can hand out the boxes to the spectator and the spectator can open them one by one to find his/hers signed coin in the inner box.

With emergency cash, can you have the spectator open the envelopes? I guess not, since the envelopes are in full view from before the vanish, you need at some point undetected to sneak the bill into or seamingly into the last envelope, meaning you, the magician probably needs to handle the envelopes or at least some of them.

If the spectator cannot open all the envelopes Can the spectator then at least remove the bill from the final envelope???

Only problem with nest of boxes is, that it takes a lot of space in your pocket and it doesn't allow for am automatic reset - otherwise the effect is really great. Emergency cash on the other hand doesn't sound like it needs a lot of space.

Emergency cash sounds equally great - same magical concept - just a different method and handling.

Hope that you have time to answer my questions

Jan
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
To answer your question Vraagaard, they can't remove each envolope themselves, but I don't really see this as a problem as they are always in view and cleanly shown. The spec does remove there bill from the last envolope though. This definitely takes up very little pocket space (just an envolope) and has a very quick reset. Thanks.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Are these coin envelopes or white mailing envelopes ?
Thanks ,
Tophatter
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Letter envolopes, well the first anyway as they get smaller and smaller.
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Does anyone have a video doing this effect.
I just got it today and I'm Terriable with written instructions..
Thanks
Don
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Anyone ?
You have no idea how that would help me in understanding the instructions.
Thanks,
Don
jimesw
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of jimesw
Hi Don

Send me the effect. I'll work it out for you and then make a video of it Smile
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
I noticed this already made it to the For Sale forum.... Smile ..
markparker
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
350 Posts

Profile of markparker
This is a very good item...I slimmed it down to 4 envelopes making them not so tight to remove and having less causes no weakness to the effect.
If you use as per the included routine its fine but it has larger possibilities with some thought...recommended
http://www.illusion-designer.com - Bespoke Illusion design - Publications -Show consultancy....Vivify a collection of stage illusions limited edition of 500 copies available now.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I just got mine today. As with others, the instructions were messed up/incomplete. I emailed Steve and he emailed me the correct directions right away. I haven't had time to play with it yet, but I already like Mark's recommendation to reduce the number of envelopes.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I think that this is a very cool effect. A little imagination and this can be a real fooler. Super easy to do as well.
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Quote:
On 2006-07-10 07:29, joseph wrote:
I noticed this already made it to the For Sale forum.... Smile ..

I noticed this too.
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
I received this today and so far I am impressed with it. I was a little worried that there might be some fishy moves required to get the bill inside the envelope, but there are not. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the method is very clean and there are no suspicious moves. In addition to that this effect is easy to do. The gimmick is very clever and the handling is very smooth and natural looking. I can't wait to perform this effect, after I practice of course.

On a side note, all of the envelopes could be examined after the effect except for one. If having them examined at the end is important to you, it would be very simple to ditch the one envelope and no one would probably notice. I don't think this is necessary though as no one would suspect the envelopes anyway.

-Matt
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Thanks for that mini review!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Steve Shuftons Emergency Cash (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL