The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Maurice Roberts Lecture June 20th (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Maurice Roberts, one of England's Best Childrens Entertainers, will be doing his lecture titled "Illiterate State" or A little treatise on how to entertain children and get the most out of your magic at the Mingus Magic Shop.
The lecture starts at 7:00PM. and the shop is located in Reading Pennsylvania at 528 Lancaster Ave.
This is the Only Lecture that Maurice will be doing while visiting here in the States, and it is full of strong practical material that every Children's Entertainer should learn. Don't Miss It!
All the Best
Marty
ryansmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Reading, PA
147 Posts

Profile of ryansmagic
See you tonight, I can't wait.
Ryan Parsons
[email]ryanparsons@comcast.net[/email]
http://www.magicformiracles.com
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
I'll be popping in to see a fellow Brit. I've seem Maurice work many times over the years and it's true that he is one of the funniest kids entertainers around.

I've seen Maurice lecture on microphones, Punch and Judy and face painting but this is a completely new lecture never been seen before anywhere. I'm looking forward to seeing the Houdini Bear routine in action which I have heard about and his Whatknot routine.

Paul.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Enjoyed the lecture, though a couple of the things mentioned in the business side were purely Brit orientated.

With regard to a candy bar with an animal name for one of the solutions Maurice mentioned (he mentioned a Lion Bar which we don't get here)I couldn't think of any, but I walked into a Redners tonight and saw a candy bar called a Moose bar so I guess that could be used over here!

I think everyone went away with something of value. British clubs should be making space in their syllabus for this brand new lecture.
Paul.
ryansmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Reading, PA
147 Posts

Profile of ryansmagic
The lecture was very good. Houdini bear was a nice effect, infact I got mine. There was a little lost in the brit to american translation, I thought Maurice did a very nice job of getting around that. I enjoyed the buisness side of the lectureas well and if you get the chance check thie lecture out.
Ryan
Ryan Parsons
[email]ryanparsons@comcast.net[/email]
http://www.magicformiracles.com
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
The lecture as good. Houdini bear was a good effect...although I must say that stint with the dragon was funny. If you were around reading on Tuesday and perform for childred -- shame on you for missing out on this lecture.

I really liked the way he covered the emergency show and what to do if you forgot things.

George
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Maurice Roberts Lecture June 20th (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL