The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Sword Fighting Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dark illusionist
View Profile
Loyal user
pough town new york
253 Posts

Profile of Dark illusionist
Is this the right place? Grand Illusion is not something I am familiar with. I have been learning stage fighting recently for a production of Shakespeare's 12th Night. Me and a freind would like to sword fight in our magic show. We want the finale' of the act to be one of us disappearing without the use of a large prop. For example being covered by a cloth, etc. Can anybody help me? I don't care which method we use as long as it is fast and without a large prop on stage. Thanks in advance for your help. Smile jonathan
Check out my brand new website:

www.ovationmagic.cjb.net

if you like it sign the guest book, if you realy like it then realy sign the guest book. If you hate it then go away.
slacker
View Profile
New user
pittsburgh,PA
13 Posts

Profile of slacker
Lance Burton did my favorite illusion ever. Which is a sword battle between him and masked man over a girl. They fight and the magician jumps up on a table and hides under the cloth. The masked man stabs him and removes the cloth. The magician is nowhere to be found. But the cool part of the trick is when the masked man removes his mask it's no other than the magician. It was on one of the World's Greatest Magic shows and on some other show with Mark Summers I saw a long time ago. Maybe that'll help you think of something.
SLacKeR
Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
Use black art.
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
victorkent
View Profile
New user
Narnia
76 Posts

Profile of victorkent
For a little flash in the vanish, you can get flash pots from TheaterFX Co. (they aren't too expensive) and right before you jump off the table you could set off the flash pot and then POOOOF you're gone in a puff of smoke. If you have a couple smoke pots you could do it without the cloth. (Be careful though, some states have strick fire usage laws. Most have a performer's level Pyro License fairly cheap with no testing. Utah's costs around $30. California's is much more.)

-vk
John 3:16
http://www.victorkent.com
http://www.kentfamilyillusionshow.com
[email]victor@victorkent.com[/email]
Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
Dark Illusionist-
Nothing's been posted for a while. How is this act developing, if it is. Any problems along the way yet? Interested in how it's coming together. Let us know
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
Black art will be the easiest and most visual vanish to use for your act. I recommend gary darwin's book or video on inexpensive illusions. they tell you exactly how to setup blackart. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Sword Fighting Illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL