The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Trilogy Streamline Caswell/Bellars (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
wizardofthenorth
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of wizardofthenorth
Hi All,
Just received Trilogy Streamline manuscript, I have been performing the original Trilogy successfully for some time- why did't I think of this! This new version is great as it allows the deck to be on show for the whole routine and makes it much more presentable in a close-up situation and the routine given will play well with any audience either on stage or close-up
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Just for your info. Those of you that do not own Trilogy but are interested in Trilogy Streamline, Alakazam will be releasing this as a stand alone trick within the next 14 days. The trick will come complete with deck and full instructions.

Information should appear on our site this week.

Best Regards

Peter Nardi
Bananafish
View Profile
Elite user
Simon Shaw, Suffolk, England
415 Posts

Profile of Bananafish
Are 14 days up yet? Smile

It sounds good. Anything that is as strong as the original and yet is more table/walkabout friendly has to be a winner.
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
699 Posts

Profile of oombob
I'll add one more point... my only fault with the original Trilogy was that the explanation provided was somewhat cryptic and the presentation suggestions were pretty bare bones. The presentation and patter that Richard Bellars provides in "Trilogy Streamlined" is extremely smooth. Whether you choose to continue to perform the original version or adopt this variation, I think you'll find the routine supplied here (apart from the variation details) is perfectly practical for both versions and will heighten the entertainment value out of every phase of this effect. Nice work!
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Thanks oombob.

Hi Simon,

We are awaiting delivery or the cards which should be with us next week. Trilogy Streamline will be on our site for pre order at the end of this week.

Regards

Peter
NYCJoePitt
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of NYCJoePitt
Ok, couldn't stand it. I have the original and LOVE it. Just downloaded STREAMLINED and will post my thoughts later. Thanks.
NYCJoePitt
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of NYCJoePitt
Here are my thoughts on Triology Streamlined which I purchased and read through yesterday.

Is it everything "they" claim it is?
Yes.

Is it worth $9 additional if I have the original Trilogy?
Yes.

Why?
You get a wonderful alternative handling for the Trilogy effect which allows the deck to stay in full view from the beginning.

Am I gonna perform both Trilogy and Trilogy Streamlined?
Probably not. You certainly would not perform them as two separate affects to the same audience. Personally, I have a feeling I'm going to lean towards the Streamlined version because I like having the deck on the table as things get started. Also, unless you buy the separate Trilogy Streamlined Deck, it's not going to be a lot of fun taking the Streamlined setup back to the regular setup. You are probably going to stick with one or the other on a regular basis.

If I have Trilogy, should I get the download?
Yes, what are you waiting for?

If I do not have Trilogy, which "deck" should I buy?
Original Trilogy Pros:
More "flexibility" in card selections.
Trilogy Streamlined Pros:
Deck on table at all times.
Instructions written better.

You are not going to regret either purchase!
Bananafish
View Profile
Elite user
Simon Shaw, Suffolk, England
415 Posts

Profile of Bananafish
Thanks Joe

That was helpful. My dilema was do I buy old Trilogy plus the streamlined download, or just the new streamilined version when it is out (hurry up Peter!).

I am edging towards the new streamlined version as that is what I believe I will perform more often than not.

Si
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Simon,

We are hoping they will be ready a week on Monday

regards

Peter
Ethan
View Profile
Regular user
UK
142 Posts

Profile of Ethan
I agree with NYCJoePitt basic review. Personally I'm going to stick with the original. It's a tough call but for me I feel it has the edge in the way you can offer the specs the choice of numbers in a cleaner way, which for me is more important than having an extra deck to carry or having the deck out from the beginning which has never been an issue for me. I also get another prediction out of the fact the deck is not on view by getting a spectator to name the colour that they think the deck is, before I even get to the main presentation. This works well and would be lost with a deck in full view. Anyhow my guess is that most workers would prefer the new version just because of pocket space.
sinatra
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of sinatra
I watched this performed last night at a Alakazam Dealer Dem,i own the original and I must say the streamlined version got me......! Well done Peter!!!
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
After experimenting with Trilogy, Duality, and Trilogy Streamlined, I've come to the conclusion that Duality is still the winner. There is a fatal flaw in the streamlined version of Trilogy regarding the number selection procedure. It's illogical and suspicious, IMO. But, I'm not sure if there's a better solution.

Robert
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1520 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Me to
I'm sticking with duality
strong, safe, simple
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
I think it's a case of horses for courses. Like I said in another post, for me doing a two phased effect when you can have the killer third phase is like doing the cups and balls without the final load. Nice effect but lacks that KO moment.

I'm not questioning anyones opinion just saying how it is for me.

Regards

Peter
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Don't get me wrong. Trilogy Streamlined is great. I'd rather have three phases, too. It's a much better trick that way. But, asking a spectator to select an odd AND low number is a weakness, despite the other advantages that Trilogy Streamlined has over Duality.

It's maddening that there isn't one ultimate version with three phases and no "low / odd" restrictions. I wish there was a solution.

Robert
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
There is, it's called Trilogy!
Richard Bellars
View Profile
New user
Tunbridge Wells
24 Posts

Profile of Richard Bellars
Hi Guys,
Just to say that in all the time I've performed this I've never been pulled up on the restrictions simply due to the scripting. I even get magicians with this. And just to add, in no way a sales pitch, but I have just been asked to work for three weeks in Dubai and the booker wanted to see me perform before he decided to use me. All I did was TS and he told me "that'll do, you're hired". I'm not saying this for any reasn other than to emphasise the impact this has on people. This sealed the deal for me and I really hope you do try this out. The "fatal flaw" is dealt with in the script and with confident presentation it is so easy to fry everyone.
Thanks for all opinions on this effect I appreciate it and who knows that holy grail of a one deck, no limitation 3 revelations may be born....

Richard Bellars
stevekn
View Profile
New user
UK
44 Posts

Profile of stevekn
Could someone tell me if you have to mix cards from both decks to make up the TS deck? I ask because I made an error marking up my original deck and, although I can still perform the original Trilogy, I need to do an extra calculation. Annoying.

Cheers
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4459 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
If I remember rightly from the original Trilogy instructions where it is touched briefly, both decks are used to make one, which is why there is now a package out by Alakazam so you can still keep your Trilogy decks
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1520 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Quote:
On 2006-07-11 12:14, sinatra wrote:
I watched this performed last night at a Alakazam Dealer Dem,i own the original and I must say the streamlined version got me......! Well done Peter!!!

oh dear,
how could you possibly be "got" by this if you have the original??
I'm not knocking the effect, but please.......
I'll impress you with encycolpeadia of thumb tip tricks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Trilogy Streamline Caswell/Bellars (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL