The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Dai Vernon's Poker Demo... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EvanTheMagicMan
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of EvanTheMagicMan
Has anyone bought this trick on http://www.trickshop.com and can post a review of it? I am considering buying this, but I would like some reviews fisrt. Thank You
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
I've not seen what the trickshop puts out but the Dai Vernon Poker Deal is an old Routine (duh) that is very good. Basically you are describing how cheats work and you deal out five hands of poker with you, the dealer, getting four aces. You explain that the others wouldn't stay in the game with the hands they got so you collect the cards, deal again, and everyone has a great hand and you, the magician, wins...viola! Wonderful stuff.

Now here is my thought on this and I'm not trying to keep those trickshop people, I have no clue who they are, from getting four bucks out of you. The Dai Vernon Poker Deal is available from other sources, that may be sold by trickshop, which contains more magic and information on presentation and other thoughts that are very valuable. For example, off my head, I know you can find it in the Dai Vernon Book of Magic, a text that any serious close up performer should not only have but study. It can, for you visual learners, on one of Johnny Thompsons wonderful tapes from his Commercial Classics of Magic. There are other sources as well. You get together a few more bucks and you'll get much more great magic and the thoughts behind it and will be richer and wiser at the end of the day.

It is your call. I know that instant downloads are quick ways to get hold of a trick but those guys didn't put in the thought and work on those routines and you'll be missing out on a lot of great stuff by just buying the routine by itself.
Steve V
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Bravo, Steve.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Dai Vernon's Poker Demo... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL