The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Large Mismade Christian Flag (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dennisspeaks
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of dennisspeaks
I have a large mismade flag with a twist and looking for a large mismade Christian flag preferably with a twist anthough I have not heard of one. anyone know where I can get one, most places have the smaller version or have discontinued them. Thks. Dennis
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Dennis,

MisMade Flag with a twist is a Duane speciality. If he and Mary don't have it you may need a new plan.

Tried Sharpie Pens on white silk?

Good Luck!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I'm not sure this would work for you, but this is how I made a custom silk several (many) years ago. It was a simple design (Japanese flag - red circle on a white silk). Since the Christian flag is also a simple design, I don't know why it shouldn't work.

I found some dye that was suitable for silk (unfortunately, I don't remember where I got it, but I'm sure someone on this board would know). I cut a circle in a 1/16" piece of plywood. I also cut another circle about 1/2" larger in a piece of 1/4" plywood (this was to keep the 1/16" pattern flat). I then ironed the silk and positioned it on a piece of 3/4" plywood which was covered with Formica and a "potato sack" dish towel, laid the 1/16" pattern on the silk, centered the 1/4" piece on top of that, and clamped it down with C-clamps. I then mixed the dye and, using an airbrush on the lowest setting, sprayed the dye onto the silk in very light "coats", drying with a hair dryer on "low" in between coats. It took a while, but the results were very nice. I guess because of the low airbrush setting and the drying, the dye really didn't have a chance to run. I certainly wouldn't try a butterfly or dragon with this method!

The Christian design would have to be done in two separate parts (one pattern for the cross, and one for the blue field). I would think you would need to do the cross first, but I'm not sure why.

I know those on this board who dye silks are probably cringing at this story, but when you don't know what you are doing, you often have to get creative.

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
382 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
Here is a location of a 16" X 24" mismade christian flag set.
http://members.aol.com/silksrus/webdoc5.htm
dennisspeaks
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of dennisspeaks
Thanks Rick, they look pretty nice, and thanks also amosmc, not too many diy silks I would attemp, this one though looks pretty easy?
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Dennis, you have to understand that I had no idea what I was doing. I have been a model railroader for years and just used the techniques with which I was familiar. I might have just lucked up, but it wasn't a big deal to make the silk I made.

If this is an item you think might have fairly widespread appeal, talk with Peter White (P&A Silks, http://www.pasilks.com ) to get a cost for screening a small production run of what you want. The screens won't be any larger than 12x12, so I wouldn't think there would be a lot of complicated work involved.

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Large Mismade Christian Flag (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL