The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Face by Borodin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Man if it was doable in Close-up, I would really have to have this.
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
Will it be possible to buy the makeup on a stand alone basis?

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Anyone who has seen Danny Sylvester's stand-up act has seen a brilliant use of the principle.
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
You are correct; Kirkendall's trick is entitled the Living End, not the Living Dead. It's written right across the top of the instructions! Sorry, I've been watching too many movies!
lil_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of lil_magic
I have just recieved mine yesterday and I tried it to my girl and she freaked out. I was wearing all black and I let my hair down, then all of a sudden while we were talking she seen my face change to a skull at the same time I reached out like I was going to kill her or something, boy I wont don't that again. but I'm gonna try it in my street routine at night time. over all its one of the best tricks I bought in a while
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
There are some very effective pictures of George Kirkendal doing his routine in Eugene Burger's book 'Strange Ceremonies'. This looks as though it could be extremely effective in the right circumstances (as lil_magic has found out!).
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I jsut placed my order. Based upon the reputation of Borodin and Mr. Bill Palmer as well as the favoriable review by Lil Magic, who was also kind enough to PM me with his thoughts on this effect, I am sure that this effect will be both stunning and a bit disturbing in the right atmosphere and presentation. I also just received the book, Fianl Curtain by borodin from Mr. Bill Palmer, who was kind enough to autograph it for me. It has a chapter of borodin's presentation of the Face, although Borodin's current method of doing this effect is different than presented in the book.

Best regards,

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
sleightofhand1
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of sleightofhand1
Any others care to share how they like this effect???????
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
I just want to let everybody know that a refill of the makeup can be found on hocus-pocus.com

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
sleightofhand1
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of sleightofhand1
More reviews please!
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
Hi all.

Not fishing for methods, but how slowly does your face change?

This may suit a show I am doing at the back end of the year!

Many Thanks

Gary
Gary Michaels
View Profile
New user
Farmington Hills, MI, USA
8 Posts

Profile of Gary Michaels
Quote:
On 2006-06-27 09:16, runawayjag wrote:
You are correct; Kirkendall's trick is entitled the Living End, not the Living Dead. It's written right across the top of the instructions! Sorry, I've been watching too many movies!

Hi Runaway Jag ~

Kirkendall was my mentor (see my tribute to him at http://gary-michaels.com/kirk.html) and I used to help him assemble reels and other items in his basement shop. I was privileged to watch "The Philosopher's Stone/The Living End" from inception through his first sale, even assisting him apply the makeup for performance at several conventions.

Unfortunately, when George passed away (seven years and one month ago next week -- yes, I still count the days since we lost him), virtually all of his magic was stolen -- which is another story indeed.

If you (or anyone else here, for that matter) have his original instructions, I'd be very grateful for a copy of them.

Please email me at gary@gary-michaels.com if you would oblige me. I have terminal cancer and am trying to complete my Kirk collection for my wife.

Thanks so much in advance,
~Gary
gregor
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of gregor
I own one of kirkendalls original 'living ends'
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
This item is no longer available in the US, except as a used item.

BTW, it is absolutely necessary to apply as thin an application as possible of the make-up. Make sure that you wear some kind of protection over your clothing before you apply the makeup or put your costume on after applying the makeup. Otherwise you will be wearing tiny beacons of light here and there.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
Hi All, You can view me on video performing this effect. I have used this in many a spook show with amazing results, there are many ways to use this item. One method, your hands are clean after turning into a death face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFlQv4LgaXc

Chuck Caputo
Doruk Ülgen
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Doruk Ülgen
I was thinking of using this in a routine but never ended up doing that routine so if anyone is really willing to obtain this I may sell it. this is a wonderfull prop so only contact if you are willing to payy its price.
Doruk Ülgen
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Doruk Ülgen
Listed for sale in the tricks section...
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
Just watched the demo above as I am very interested in this effect. Nothing wrong with the performer/performance, but the effect looks like nothing more than turning on a mini flashlight within the book, the face doesn't appear to change or anything? Just part of your face illuminates.

Am I wrong? I am genuinely VERY interested in the idea/concept behind this...

Gary
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Quote:
but the effect looks like nothing more than turning on a mini flashlight within the book

A flashlight on a dimmer with a filtered light source, along with some make-up which responds uniquely to the particular wavelength of light the "flashlight" emits is exactly what this is.

One would have to have lived in a cave for the last 50 years to not deduce the method immediately upon viewing.

(now the pundits will pipe up about how one has to have a "magical mind" to understand all the amazing things this device can do, and that I obviously don't have enough knowledge to see all the opportunities I'm missing by not purchasing this item).

It's a flashlight on a dimmer with some make-up and a filtered light source, that's all it is, and all it's ever been.
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Is there any video of the Borodin effect since the one linked above just looked like a flash light hitting his cheek. I thought your face was supposed to change into a skull?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Face by Borodin (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL