The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Phoenx II Cups from RnT II (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24279 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Life is full of surprises. Today began with a very nice one. It was a box from RnT II Magic that felt like it had cups in it. Well, I opened it, and there was a set of the Phoenix II cups in copper. I felt quite honored, because Jake doesn't often send sets for review.

You get three highly polished copper cups, which nest nicely with three of the four balls supplied with them between them. The balls are red crocheted balls, a little over an inch in diameter. The cups are almost exactly as heavy as the Charlie Miller cups, so they would be fine for doing chick cup routines. They easily accept a tennis ball as a final load.

The shape is somewhat different from the Bertram/Miller/Phoenix design. The skirt is more vertical than flared. This is what gives these cups the greater attic space.

To cap off the set, there is also a nice drawstring bag.

Good work!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Oooohhhh Maaaaaann, I so want a set of these and can't seem to save the cash for 'em, that sucks. I'm looking to purchase these hopefully by the end of summer.

I Am Johnny Mystic
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1079 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Just receive my set today and they are great. Very heavy copper cups with a beautiful polish and bead. I like the design much better than the original Phoenix. At $225, these are a steal.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2213 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
As always gentlemen, thank you for your kind words. We worked hard to make the cups with all the changes that performers and collectors alike requested. The difference between the 2 styles are unique now and these were not meant to replace the original Phoenix, just make them functional as the public requested. We'll be turning some out in brass and doing some chrome sets soon as well. Right now surgical stainless is too expensive to spin, but we have not ruled out doing them in stainless if the price of the raw product comes down.

Thanks again everyone! Enjoy the cups and watch for some new items this summer. We're doing a Liberty Walking dollar okito box set which will take 4 1oz Walking Liberty Silver dollars, these seem to big in Japan as someone there bought all our prototypes and we've recieved numerous requests for this size Okito box set. There will also be some hand engraved cups coming this fall and balanced Okito boxes both individually and sold in sets.

Have a great summer everyone!

Jake
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2213 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Many thanks to Tom Frank for allowing us to do this. A really nice photo taken by Tom can be seen at http://www.flickr.com/photos/45175402@N00/173608474/
There are also some other pictures as well.

Jake
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
trombley
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of trombley
Those cups look stunning. I wish I had a set like that. Time to start saving up.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Phoenx II Cups from RnT II (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL