The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » "On the Spot" videos-Greg Wilson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Rectify
View Profile
New user
Florida
56 Posts

Profile of Rectify
Gregory actually does this in his video, the guy catches him and he just plays it off saying "Well actually I was trying to steal your watch, but since I couldn't.." and moves on to another effect. He later steals the guys watch multiple times, which tells me it's pretty imperceptible.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13884 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2011-06-24 02:54, Jacobkg wrote:
In "The Watch Steal Video" they recommend practicing the technique using a mostly used paper towel roll. If you leave about a centimeter of paper towel wrapped around the roll it will be about the right size as a wrist. Put a watch on it and hold it in your left hand while you practice stealing the watch with your right (or vice versa). I think they had some technique where you could prop it up somehow but it's been quite a while since I watched it. At any rate, something like that should get you most of the way there.

Ahhhhh! Now the light begins to come on! Thank-you!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13884 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2011-06-24 13:49, Rectify wrote:
Gregory actually does this in his video, the guy catches him and he just plays it off saying "Well actually I was trying to steal your watch, but since I couldn't.." and moves on to another effect. He later steals the guys watch multiple times, which tells me it's pretty imperceptible.

I love Greg, man! The guys got steel kahunas!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Jacobkg
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Jacobkg
I remembered the name of the video I was referring to. It was 'The Watch Steal Video" by Chappy Brazil and Charles Bach. My recollection is that is was quite good, though it's a little old now. I had it on VHS but it's available on DVD (on Penguin, for example).
Hugokhf
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Hugokhf
How can you practice paperball over head?
do you ever get caught?
debjit
View Profile
Loyal user
India
216 Posts

Profile of debjit
Try the Watch Steal on your friends and family first who know you're a magician. Since they don't exactly know where you're going with it, you can say "I need your wrist for my next trick so just take off this watch" Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » "On the Spot" videos-Greg Wilson (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL