The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Scarne/Skarney (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Hello,

Does anyone know if there is any value in a "Skarney" game set by John Scarne. Complete set in mint condition with the rules, pencils, cards(still shrink wrapped), scorepads etc.

Also, there is a 4 page press release type thing from Milton Rubin of Milton Rubin Associates titled: FYI JOHN SCARNE - INVENTOR OF SKARNEY. I'm not sure if this came with the set originally or not.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Vandy
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1929 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Vandy,
I think it would be neat to have, just because of John Scarne's link to magic, However as for value it is not worth much. A collector would be your best bet..
One sold on E-bay for $4.00
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Rennie,

I had a feeling that it wasn't worth a whole lot. Fortunately this set is ultra clean. But I had no idea if these were very common or if they were hard to get ahold of. I wouldn't sell it anyway, unless it was worth crazy money. It is pretty neat.

Thanks Much!

Vandy
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Scarne/Skarney (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL