The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Tommy Wonder has passed away (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24218 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Tommy Wonder, (Jos Bemelman) has passed away after a long bout with inoperable lung cancer. His close friend, Auke van Dokkum, had told me of Tommy's illness a few months ago, but was playing it somewhat close to the vest.

Tommy was a friend of mine. He was one of the most creative and analytical minds in magic. His contributions to our Art were legion.

He was also a gentleman and a very nice man.

Do not mourn his passing, but celebrate his life.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1028 Posts

Profile of in flames
Wow! That's sad news. RIP Tommy.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13139 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Bill:

Thank you for sharing this with us. Several of us knew he was ill, but not the severity of it. Mr. Wonder was just that, a wonder. He was very kind to me on the few occasions we met. He was friendly, sharing, and a bit of a prankster. In addition to his genius in magic thought and creation, his breathtaking and flawless performances, Tommy Wonder was a caring person and wonderful human being.
He will be missed in many ways by many people.

Tony
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
934 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
I knew this would turn out to be true. Man.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Tommy was my absolute favorite magician. I recently learned of his illness and was told to keep it under my hat. I emailed him, just to say how much I admire him and his magic and that I had added a few of his pieces to my working repitoire. To my surprise, I received an email back from him, thanking me for the kind words. I never had the opportunity to meet him, but he has had a great influence on my magic.

You will be missed Tommy.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11157 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Tommy Wonder did for me what few magicians have been able to do... he honestly fooled me with his magic, and he made me think harder about my own.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4445 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
A great magician, and a legend. He will be missed more than can be imagined, and his books now will be even more highly sought after!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5271 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Another of magic's legends gone! There is little I can say to express my sorrow at hearing this sad news. He was a true gentleman and a giant.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Daveandrews
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
723 Posts

Profile of Daveandrews
Darn it - we lose yet another great performer. I never met him but 'wondered' at his performances. What a loss.

My condolences to his family.

Dave Andrews
http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk

Winner of KIDabra International's 'People's Choice Award'
Winner IBM British Ring Dittia Shield for manipulation
Vincent
View Profile
Loyal user
New York Metro Area
270 Posts

Profile of Vincent
To Say That This Came As A Shock Is An Understatement.

I Am Very Sorry To Hear of Tommy Wonder's Passing And At This Moment Can Still Hear His Voice In The Middle Of A Routine And See The Absolute Perfected Flow Of Same.

I Extend My Prayers To His Family And Friends And Wish That All Of Us Will Keep Some Of

Tommy Wonder In Their Hearts.

Sincerely,

Vincent
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
What to say? He had the mind of a fine watchmaker, the hands of a surgeon, the soul of an artist and the voice of a teacher. Rarely does such a fine performer also have the ability to talk about what he does. That was one of his remarkable gifts.

Our paths crossed more often than they might have, given the distance between our homes, but hardly often enough. I had hoped to one day have an act that he approved of.

Like the song says, "the day the music died".
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1294 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
How very sad indeed. Tommy was a gentleman and helpful in many ways to many magicians.
He will be missed greatly.
Mobius
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
Quote:
Do not mourn his passing, but celebrate his life.

...Well said, but that will be hard nonetheless. What a truly great talent!

Sean
nimrod
View Profile
Special user
876 Posts

Profile of nimrod
One of the last artists of our proffession.
raycrowe
View Profile
New user
Australia
15 Posts

Profile of raycrowe
Tommy Wonder showed me nothing but help and encouragement in the few years I had known him. We are all so lucky to have had Tommy Wonder share his magic and thoughts with us. Thank you Tommy.

Raymond Crowe.
"More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness." Chaplin
TannerJade
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
307 Posts

Profile of TannerJade
Tommy was such a great man...he will be truely missed Smile I am heading to Holland actually in a few weeks, is that where he passed away Smile

Another great, fantastic and wonderful magician has passed away Smile

God Bless Him!

--Tanner
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Go back to "The Visions of Wonder"... Look at that Nest of Boxes... you know, the one with the clock inside the box on the little table...

Tommy was a great mind and innovator of our art. Nothing could stop him. His nest of boxes was just one of the many pieces he performed that is proof of this. I wish we can all learn from his talents and ingenuity and take a little bit of Tommy with each of us as we create and passdown our talents.

Tommy will be missed, but his memory will live on!

My prayers are with his family and loved ones...

Bryan Gilles
TannerJade
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
307 Posts

Profile of TannerJade
Indeed...everything was so very well thought out that he created...

Take his ambitious card routine-every single miniscule move or sleight has a meaning...

A wonderful thinker indeed!
rmofsky
View Profile
New user
Boston
29 Posts

Profile of rmofsky
Farewell Tommy Wonder!!
www.adventuresintourism.com "...about the thrill of escape and the vehicles that take you there..."
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Sad news indeed. I was wondering how old he was?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Tommy Wonder has passed away (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL