The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Way to end color changing knives... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gtxby33
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of gtxby33
How should I end my routine? I dont want to retention vanish (knives are too big), and I don't want to sleeve the knives. I don't necessarily want to end it with a vanish either. Maybe put the white knife in a spectator's shirt pocket or backpocket then have the black knife change to white then ask them where the white knife is. Any help or ideas will be appreciated.

-Max
white hats rule.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5258 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
I've ended my routine with "Smash Climax" for 25 years. Good luck finding them, though.
gtxby33
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of gtxby33
Could you be more clear on this? Is it a gimmick?

-Max
white hats rule.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
I think Daytona has this, but it's under a different name so you will have to look at all the closeup pages to find it.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5258 Posts

Smash Climax was marketed by Jose de laTorre (SIC?) and is nothing more than a bunch of miniature knives, all in different colors, that you turn one of your CC knives into as the climax. It's a real surprise ending and makes a great giveaway.
Ruben Padilla
View Profile
Loyal user
Narrative Strategist
207 Posts

Profile of Ruben Padilla
While you may not be able to find Smash Climax from a magic shop, I'd bet that a internet search of "miniature knives" would yield some good leads. Perhaps little charms for bracelets? In any event, it's a great way to end your color changing routine. After your knife switches from black to white (or whatever your colors) and back again, you tell the spectator that you will change the knife into any color they name. Any color! This sounds too good to be true, so when they name their color (purple, for example), and you open your hand to reveal dozens of tiny knives in all different colors (purple most likely among them), it's a climax that not only brings amazement but laughs to boot. Smile
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5258 Posts

Ruben, I've already performed an internet search and couldn't find anything other than knives that were smaller than normal but still too large (I like to produce lots of them), incredibly expensive because they're miniatures of "well-known" collectible knives, and all the same color which would require that you paint them. I wish this product was still made.
toppischek
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of toppischek
You can find the 'smashing climax' by http://www.hocus-pocus.com.

Eckart Smile
gtxby33
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of gtxby33
What color are the smashing climax knives? Also, could I push a knife into my fist and make something else appear? The advertisement is hiding way too much for me to figure this out. Is it gimmicked? I'm going to buy the one from hocuspocus in a couple days.

-Max
white hats rule.
Carlos Hampton
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of Carlos Hampton
If you want to see the most amazing cc routine get the Perfect Holdout, from Antonio Romero. You can get it from Hank Lee and he does the most amazing c/c knive routine you can imagine. Comes with video but is in Spanish.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5258 Posts

toppischek, thanks for the info! I always buy more than one of something I actually use for fear that it will go out of production. I think I'll buy a couple dozen packages.
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
Joe Mogar had miniature knives at the Bob Little convention. I just checked his web site and they are listed there, as miniature {one inch} knives.
http://joemogar.tripod.com/magicstars/id9.html
oblique
This is my 17th year on being a member of the cafe.
steve proescher
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia Beach
147 Posts

Profile of steve proescher
Check out Bill Malone's CCK on his new vids.
Magoantonio
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Magoantonio
You have the Video of The perfect Hold Out in English. More in http://www.perfectholdout.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Way to end color changing knives... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL