The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Flip-M-Out (The Ultimate coins across in spectators hands) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mikejorden
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of mikejorden
I bought the download yesterday. It's great - I learnt more about the flipper coin for my $10 than I did with the various books & DVD's, costing much more, put out by other authors. I look forward to the DVD. I'm sending a PM for the alternative handling.

In the past I've bought numerous MagicJax downloads and have never been disappointed - they are great value for money. Keep up the good work.
eric6
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of eric6
Hello Ron
I sent you an email for the alternative handling but to be sure Wil pm you also
Before hand thanks for aall and great routine
Eric
johnnyimpossible
View Profile
Loyal user
Omaha, Ne
244 Posts

Profile of johnnyimpossible
Looks like a good routine
mikejorden
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of mikejorden
Hello Ron.
I tried to send you a PM about Flip-M-Out but it appears the box is full.
I sent a message on your web site but never received a reply.
Hope you are OK because I want to buy more of your routines.
GWSchott
View Profile
Veteran user
Southeastern Michigan
361 Posts

Profile of GWSchott
I bought Ron's e-book on Flip-M-Out and all I can say is WOW! It took a lot of practice at first, but the reactions it generates makes it more than worth while! What an awesome routine! It really does blow people away, especially since the magic happens right in the very hands. Thanks, Ron!
Yours In Magic,
Gordon
MintonMagic
View Profile
Regular user
South Lyon, Michigan
131 Posts

Profile of MintonMagic
Totally agree! It's amazing! I performed this only a few times so far and it blows them away! My wife can't be impressed and boy was she!
In Magic,

Roger M.

www.mintonmagic.com
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I'm so glad you guys like this routine. I've been performing it for about 15 years and it took me a long time to release it (Didn't want to.. Smile ). The only reason I finally did was because after the first two phases where published in Mike Powers latest book "Power Plays". I received quite a few requests for the entire routine.

Until recently the flipper coin was hardly known by most magicians. So it fooled as many magicians as it did non-magicians. It still does but some magicians might "assume" a flipper coin is used now days.

I remember one time at the Abbott's Get together I was asked to perform this routine for some people at a table in the Legion (A major hand out there during magic week). I said sure and fallowed him to the table. When I got there I found Harry Blackstone Jr, Jay Marshall, Karl Norman and Karrel Fox sitting there (A few others but I don't recall who). My mind was thinking, "Why didn't you warn me!". But I went through the routine and they loved it. In fact we talked about it for a good 15-20 minutes. It was one of the highlights of that get together for me. It was at a time when I was very intimidated by these "big timers" and the thought that they where talking to me for so long about one of my routines was so awesome. Just thought I'd share that story.

I can honestly say that this routine is the number one reason I've won most of the close up contest that I have won. I hope you all will get as much from it as I have.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Just a quick note. As I mentioned in the first post in the discussion found in my first post in this discussion. I only released this here at a reduced price before I put it up on my site. I watied a lot longer then I had planned but I'm going to be doing that tomorrow (It'll be $15 tomorrow but still $10 today). So if you've been thinking about picking this up and want to save that $5 you should pick it up today. After that you'll have to go to my site to find it because the link to it here on the Café won't work anymore.

Just thought I'd mention that to those why are thinking about getting it. Thanks for all the positive feedback.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
johnnyimpossible
View Profile
Loyal user
Omaha, Ne
244 Posts

Profile of johnnyimpossible
The effect is good. I like the spectator involvement. Troy Hooser has a book full of flipper coin routines that are very cool. I mention this only so people have another reference for other flipper coin routines. I don't believe Troy does any that involve the spectator to the extent that Ron's routine does. Hats off to you on this one Ron.
Steve Landavazo
View Profile
Special user
Northern California
654 Posts

Profile of Steve Landavazo
Great Job Ron! I really like the routine and will be getting it soon. Thank you for putting this out! Steve
Courage is the willingness to be afraid and act anyway!
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I love the effect,just a question though.. Has a ********* ever fallen apart during the routine??
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
It's never fallen apart on it's own if that's what you mean. I've had it broken apart a few times from people slamming the coins on to the table. But that was my mistake in spectator control. I've learned many ways to prevent that from happening now though.

I've never had them just come apart on me because I change my band at least once a month even if it doesn't need it.

Ron Jaxon

kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Ron, kudos. When will your DVD become available? As I side note I own a Schoolcraft flipper and once dropped it from chest level (4’6”) onto a hard linoleum floor, not sure which way it hit but after a bounce or two it was unscathed. Phewww!
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
GWSchott
View Profile
Veteran user
Southeastern Michigan
361 Posts

Profile of GWSchott
Ron's routine is now the most requested coin routine I perform. It blows the minds of even the most skeptical of people. The handling becomes much smoother over time (as is the case with anything). You've just gotta be careful when the coins are in the spectator's hands. After the 'rattling' phase I tell the person to gently spill the coins out onto the table. This prevents him or her from slamming them down or holding them too high and letting them just drop. Seems to work. Great routine, Ron!!!! I use it all the time.
Yours In Magic,
Gordon
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I'm so glad you're getting good reactions from it. I know what you mean about people requesting it. I'm guessing people sometimes come up to you and say something like, "Show us that coin thing you do". That's how it usually happens with me.

Just a little advice though. Make sure you know some other non-gimmicked traveling coin routines. I'm sure you already know some but just for the sake of all those who read this. People request this routine so often that if I don't have my flipper on me I need to show them something with some coins. I use a variety of "coins across" routines when this happens. But they all have one thing in common. The last coin travels into their hand just like in the Flip-M-Out routine. End a "normal" coins across routine like this and maybe add a jumbo coin. It won't be as strong but it'll do in most cases.

If the really bug me to "put the coins in my hand and let me drop them". I usually perform a different penetration trick such as a coin in bottle, bottle or salt shaker through table and so forth. Just kind of get their minds on something I can do when I don't have my flipper on me.

Your best bet would be to have the flipper coin on you at all times though.. Smile

Ron Jaxon

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Ron, very impressive work!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2008-01-20 12:39, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Ron, very impressive work!!!

I agree! I have a few items from Ron including Outsmokin' ... all Excellent!!

John
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I just bought this; it looks very good. Ron came up with some very nice uses for the fliper.

I was hoping to do this with kids, but I'm wondering if their hands would be big enough for the first move, and whether they will be ale to follow directions well enough.

Has anyone tried this with kids?

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Quote:
On Aug 10, 2006, Jaxon wrote:

It'll be in my DVD when it's finished but here's the description of the effect. I'll describe it exactly how I experienced it when my friend first did it to me.

He had me hold both of my hands out in front of me palm up. He openly placed on coin in my left hand. Then placed the remaining three in my right hand and had me close my fist around them. He then asked me to lower my right hand (containing 3 coins) and raise my left hand (still open with one coin). He then stood back a few feet from me. He asked how many where in my right hand. I replied "3". He asked how many where in my left and I said "1". He then told me to slowly turn my left hand palm down so that the coin will fall and land on the back of my right fist. I slowly turned my left hand palm down to drop the coin and nothing fell from it! The coin was gone and he even touched it once he placed it in my hand. I of cource opened my right hand to find I'm now holding all 4 coins there.

This blew me away. So when the conditions are right to perform it, it makes a great last phase because they do everything and the coin still travels. It's been a long time since I've been fooled this bad.. Smile

Ron Jaxon

Has anyone tried this effect? I didn't get this with the PDF version of FLip-M-Out, but I've seen what I think is the essence of the method, in other sources, and was curious if it works well, and if it fits in with the 4 phase of Flip-M-Out.

Also, what has happened to Jaxon? He doesn't seem to around now.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Flip-M-Out (The Ultimate coins across in spectators hands) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL