The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Ron Bauer's Private Studies Series (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WhoDeanie
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of WhoDeanie
***This *may* not be the appropriate place for this and, if so, I apologize and please move.

I have purchased a couple of effects from the Ron Bauer Private Studies series and have really liked the routines and how they have been layed out. I'm thinking of just continuing on with the series and just wondering if anyone would like to give their impressions of the series and recommended their favorite routines. Also wondering if there may be like a discount for purchasing maybe the entire study series someplace?

***BTW, I've mainly been a lurker but would really like to thank the members of this forum - you've been such a great help to me offering your wisdom and insight.

----
Dean Burgess
Magically yours,

Dean Burgess
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The best place would be Ron's web site http://www.thinklikeaconjurer.com .

These are excellent books for anyone who wants to take his performance from the duffer/inflicting magic on people stage to the entertaining/performing enjoyable magic stage.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
WhoDeanie
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of WhoDeanie
Thanks Mr. Palmer,

Yes, I was just at his web site before I posted, which led me to wonder if there were any deals for the entire course someplace. And I agree, and that's the reason I like the couple of courses I have so much, in that it really seems to help take you from just performing an effect on someone to giving them a magical performance/experience. Also wondered if anyone here had any particular favorites in the series.

------
Dean Burgess
Magically yours,

Dean Burgess
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I have several favorites. Great material. Great artwork in the books.
They are all a pleasure to read and study. And they are packed with great ideas.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
You can't miss and don't worry about a better deal, THIS IS THE BETTER DEAL. Why? Because EVERYTHING is usable. Unlike many other publications where you might find ONE good item, Ron's are ALL USABLE and very solid material.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Cameron Roat
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
728 Posts

Profile of Cameron Roat
WhoDeanie,

You have a couple of the books. You know they are a lot more than a magic trick. They are complete performance scripts. Some even include props and bonus tricks. All for $10.

The $240 for all 24 might sound scary, but think about it... You're spending $240 (over a period of time) to learn how to Think Like a Conjurer. If you follow the series and do what RB says, you WILL be a MUCH better magician.

The RBPS are the only books I never put on the shelf. They always sit right next to me on my desk.
WhoDeanie
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of WhoDeanie
Hi Cameron,

Certainly, I agree that they are MUCH more than just magic tricks. That's what brought this series to my attention. And, it's not just that the patter is also included, but even pauses for effect, timing and such. (When I'm performing I almost always have to think to myself, slow down, you twit...and pause...let them take in what they are looking at...) This is certainly good stuff. Also of importance is that I was impressed by BOTH booklets that I brought. They were both of high quality. Often with DVD's and books you have so much filler. So I'm thinking this would be like having 24 GREAT routines that I would actually use. Was just hoping for a couple of reviews in this series to see which ones people liked most or didn't really like (just in case there were a few weaker ones in there). And, of course, if they are ALL good and I decided to maybe purchase a couple every two weeks or so instead of going for the entire set at once I could get the most recommended ones first.

***As an aside, one of the ones I've purchased is of Don Alan's Chop Cup routine. Nice work and explanation, and it's *pretty much* the routine I use with the chop cup, although I usually just use sponge balls as the final load and go into an Ain't No Mo routine. But I do find the beginning of the chop cup patter a little bit out of date where he is talking about the army, etc. Anyone else have an interesting way to get into the chop cup routine?

-------
Dean Burgess
Magically yours,

Dean Burgess
Cameron Roat
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
728 Posts

Profile of Cameron Roat
Dean,

I don't think there's a bad trick in the bunch. I think once you perform one or two of these tricks for the public and see the reactions, you'll want the whole series!

Also, just so you know, the two Don Alan books (Devano Card Rise and Chop Cup) are strictly Don Alan's. All RB did was write them as Don performed them. You'll notice they are laid out a bit differently than the rest of the Private Studies.

Regarding the opening lines of the Chop Cup, read page 6, paragraph 3, and the following ALAN-ysis. (Don didn't worry if he left some lines out. Why should you?)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Ron Bauer's Private Studies Series (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL