The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Music Editing Help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

donsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of donsmagic
I was wondering if any of you knew how to edit a CD. I use the Axtell CD in one of my routines but I don't use the whole routine. I need to use just a portion of it so I can put it on my Ipod. I bought the Virtual Soundman which I love, but I need to put this portion on a CD so I can put it on my Ipod. Does anyone know how I can do this? Thank you.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
This sounds like it will do what you want, and is not very expensive. Problem is, I don't know anything about the software or the company.

http://www.goldwave.com/

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Neil_Brown
View Profile
Regular user
England
150 Posts

Profile of Neil_Brown
Rip the CD to your hard drive, and then trim the waveform using Audacity.
afillius
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of afillius
I agree with Neil. Just make sure if you edit something from the middle, that you make sure to match up the beats of the music (if there is music). Also, it is usually easier to edit audio if you zoom in on the waveform so that you can see where the natural breaks are between sounds.

Good luck.
www.stsgroupinc.com
pro audio/video/lighting

Great magic is about creating great images - Jay Sankey
donsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of donsmagic
Thank you. I will try that.
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
I use Sony Sound Forge for editing CDs, MP3s and WAVs. It's really easy to highlight the wave form you want and just copy/paste to a new file. You can output as any sound file type. I'm curious; which Axtrax you are using???
donsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of donsmagic
I pm'd you.
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
If you have a CD and need to edit length, I have an easy solution. Get the freeware program call FreeRip Just CLICK and SAVE to your desktop and then rip the track you want to a wav file. Open that wav file with your Windows Sound Recorder and use the EDIT then select to delete all audio either before or after the selected point. Save the wav file and just burn back to a CD.

You can find Sound Recorder on your PC already by clicking START>> All Programs>>Accessories>>Entertainment>>Sound Recorder

You can burn the resulting wav to a CD by right mouse clicking on the file and selecting "Add to burn list". This will use Windows Media Player to burn. Just click on BURN TAB at the top and select BURN.

wav files will be better quality than mp3s because they are not compressed. Windows Media Player converts the file to a CDA file for playing in normal audio CD players.
Neil_Brown
View Profile
Regular user
England
150 Posts

Profile of Neil_Brown
Quote:
wav files will be better quality than mp3's because they are not compressed.

Agreed- provided size is not an issue, I'd go with .wav. However, in this situation, I have no idea whether an iPOD can handle .wav files? Smile

If you prefer the Audacity interface / controls / multi-track facility (although unnecessary here), it handles .wav also, I believe - I just find it more convenient than Sound Recorder, although, as I say, that's generally because I work with multi-track files.
donsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of donsmagic
Thanks to Muzicman I've got this taken care of. Thank you!
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Yo,

Just download dbpower Amp Music Converter.

It will convert to MP3 or wave for FREE for 30 days so you can transfer it to an IPOD.

G0THIKE
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
For multi-track editing and compilations, I use Sony Acid Loops 6.0. I have used various multi track software and I found this to be the best for my needs. Even non musicians use this software for creating custom music from "loops" but you don't have to loop any of the tracks.

I like adding in sound effects to my audio track and with Acid Loops. There is no track limit. You can also control pan and volume for each track as well as adding any special effects to each track. It's kind of spendy at $375 USD but you can get it bundled with most Sony Desktop PCs that use Media Edition OS.
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
580 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
I also rip the tracks from the CD and edit in Audacity. Better programs are available but this is a cheap and adequate solution for me. It lets you add multiple tracks too.
Sal Amangka
View Profile
Special user
Manila, Philippines
711 Posts

Profile of Sal Amangka
I'd recommend "Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer". Hope this helps!

Sal
Salamangka in Filipino means "Magic"
http://www.thechubstershow.com
thechubstershow@gmail.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Music Editing Help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL