The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Writing or drawing on silks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dennisspeaks
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of dennisspeaks
What medium works best for drawing on silks?
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Dennis,

As soon as you master the search function here on The Magic Café, you will find loads of good posts on the subject scattered throughout The Café posts.

Give it a shot. It's a great tool.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5701 Posts

Profile of Regan
You can try Sharpies. I have done it before and it works pretty good. The ink will 'bleed' a little so it was tough to get really sharp, crisp lines. The finer point sharpies might be better for the outlining.

Whatever you decide to use, I would suggest testing it on a cheap or worn silk and see how it goes. Of course the ink from Sharpies or most any permanent marker is going to bleed through silk fabric, so I just do an identical design on both sides. Watch out because the design will be 'mirrored' on the reverse side, therefore written words, symbols, etc. will be reversed on one side of the silk.

I wish my artistic skills were better because I am getting ready to try a design soon. We'll see what happens.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Regan,

Are you using an embroidery ring to keep the backs of the silks from touching anything as you draw? It may reduce the bleed to something more acceptable.

Lucy can draw them while she is sitting in the car seat as we travel. (Of course she can do corrective surgery repairs too.)

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5701 Posts

Profile of Regan
Bob,

That is a great idea! I will try that the next time.

I am not the artist Lucy is, and the only corrective surgery I have done is splinter removal. I'm not counting on a perfect job, but I know your tip will help.

Thanks!

Regan
Mister Mystery
mtso2000
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of mtso2000
I use a sharpie (fine tip). I also use the regular tip sharpies in I want to use differenet colors
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Writing or drawing on silks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL