We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Street Magic Escapes? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JohnCressman
View Profile
Special user
Allentown, PA
903 Posts

Profile of JohnCressman
Anyone ever do any escapes as part of their street magic? Which ones do you do? I was thinking about doing a thumbcuff comedy routine, but wanted to get some feedback on whether other escapes go over well.
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
If you mean street act as in street magic then yes folks do escapes. I know a fellow who does an upside down strait jacket escsape. If you mean as in "want to see something that trancends the mind? Here, tie me up then rub ashes on my arm" then no.
Steve V
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
I think the strait jacket is the most popular. Some street magicians would be shocked that you do a street act without one.
Starry
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
219 Posts

Profile of Starry
I used to do strait jacket in the street as my ending and sometimes I'd start off with a handcuff escape routine where I'd have a cop handcuff me to a street light. This was always sure to draw a crowd.
Ace Starry - Author or THE MAGIC LIFE - A NOVEL PHILOSOPHY
http://www.starry.com/
JohnCressman
View Profile
Special user
Allentown, PA
903 Posts

Profile of JohnCressman
Hmmm... never tried a straight jacket escape. Is there a good place to learn?
ChrixF
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of ChrixF
Quote:
On 2006-07-07 22:15, JohnCressman wrote:
Hmmm... never tried a straight jacket escape. Is there a good place to learn?

There may not be a PLACE to learn but there certainly is a DVD (actualy 4). I believe its called Escapology with Dixie Dooley Volumes 1-3 (+ Bonus Houdini Lives DVD).

Have fun,
chrix
Xargos
View Profile
Loyal user
Brussels
268 Posts

Profile of Xargos
I am preparing my street escape show.
I'll be doing comedy thumbcuffs, handcuffs challenge, chained and padlocked in a locked bag, and then for my finale I'll do either : handcuffed hands on fire, or handcuffed chained and padlocked to my back with a plastic bag taped to my face...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Street Magic Escapes? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL